CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
martin_english
Level 1: Cadet

Foxtel via T-BOX - How do login to Foxtel Play on a PC

Answered

What email or user and password combination do I use to login to Foxtel Play on a PC ?

I have downloaded Foxtel Play from https://www.foxtel.com.au/foxtelplay/howitworks/pc-mac/default.htm and have installed it on my laptop (windows 8.1), but it refuses my login details. 

Notes;

1) I have a Foxtel on T-BOX service. It works wuite well Smiley Happy

2) I installed Foxtel Go on my Samsung 4S. It works quite well. Smiley Happy

3) From  http://support.telstra.com.au/t5/Foxtel-from-Telstra/Troubleshooting-Foxtel-Go/ta-p/398419

"Sorry, we are unable to log you in", it means that you have used a BigPond username and password which is not associated to your Foxtel on T-Box subscription. To access Foxtel Go you must use your primary (i.e. the first username created and linked to your account) BigPond username and password. If you need assistance on retrieving your BigPond username and password, please go to telstra.com/tboxsetup. Once on the page select forgot 'username or 'password' and follow the steps.

This does not appear to be the case; I'm using the same blahblah@bigpond.com user that shows on under Foxtel on T-BOX on my https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/overview 

Additionally, the same eamil and password works fine on Foxtel Go on my Samsung 4S. I have logged out and back into both the web site and the mobile app to verify I was using the correct email password

4) Again, frrom  http://support.telstra.com.au/t5/Foxtel-from-Telstra/Troubleshooting-Foxtel-Go/ta-p/398419

When logging into Foxtel Go select the 'Foxtel or Foxtel Play' button if you are a Foxtel from Telstra customer. If you are a Foxtel on T-Box customer log into the service via the 'Foxtel on T-Box' button. If you are accessing Foxtel Go via PC/Mac in the top right corner it will state your Foxtel My Account username for Foxtel from Telstra customers. For Foxtel on T-Box customers it will state 'T-Box (Unique Identifier number)'. In the mobile app there is no point of reference to your login type.

I do not get this choice with Foxtel Play on my laptop.

5) I have checked via the mobile app on my phone and I currently have two devices registered; the phone and the t-box device.

thanks for your assitance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LittleToch
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Re: Foxtel via T-BOX - How do login to Foxtel Play on a PC

From my understanding, you need to download Foxtel Go to your PC, not Foxtel Play.

Foxtel Play reqiures a specific Foxtel username and password (it cannot be used in connection with your T-Box account).

If you have Foxtel on T-Box then all you can do is use Foxtel Go utilising your telstra username and password.

Hope it helps

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 23: Superhero

Martin as I think we both agree, there's something really amiss there.

To save you time, this should be discussed directly with the dedicated Telstra/Foxtel support people, as they would have access to your personal account details etc. etc. to be able to fully cross reference things. Something that's can't be done here on a public forum.

You can contact them at 131 999

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
martin_english

thanks, Jeff

I'll try that number, as the support I'm getting via 132220 has been absolutely atrocious.

LittleToch
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

From my understanding, you need to download Foxtel Go to your PC, not Foxtel Play.

Foxtel Play reqiures a specific Foxtel username and password (it cannot be used in connection with your T-Box account).

If you have Foxtel on T-Box then all you can do is use Foxtel Go utilising your telstra username and password.

Hope it helps

martin_english

The answer is that Foxtel Go and Foxtel Play are different products. 

I've uninstalled Foxtel Play and installed Foxtel Go from http://www.foxtel.com.au/got/whats-on/foxtel-go.html

Despite what it says on that page, it's not just an App Smiley Happy The download link recognised my  platform (windows) and downloaded setupFoxtelGo.exe

Ran it, fired it up, went to Login and got the choice Foxtel or Foxtel on T-Box, chose the later and logged in.

All good Smiley Happy

martin_english

sorry, I was typing my reply and didn't see yours Smiley Happy

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now