CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
AlanM
Level 1: Cadet

Foxtel via satellite dish/loss of signal during rain/cost of subscription

Answered

Yes, I know that Telstra cannot control the weather and is not responsible for the loss of signal during rain, but I wonder why customers are being charged the same monthly subscription for satelllite service as those who have cable, when we don't get the same degree of quality or quantity? I have the platinum HD IQ2 package in 2 rooms and would expect the quality of service to be commensurate with the price.

Having satellite but not cable in an established residential area in Sydney (Berowra) seems strange to me.

I hope that the NBN can rectify this when it is eventually rolled out in my part of the world, but it seems to me that the roll-out will not be in Sydney's northern suburbs for quite some time yet.  Having said that, is Telstra aware of the timing of the NBN's roll-out in northern Sydney?

Cheers

Alan...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Foxtel via satellite dish/loss of signal during rain/cost of subscription

NBN rollout plans can be found at http://nbnco.com.au/our-network/rollout-plan.html (Note: this information is from a 3rd party).

I feel your pain in regards to Satellite (I'm an Austar Customer here) but I think it has more to do with the distribution rights then the actual quality of the content. Again, thats just my 2 cents Smiley Happy

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

NBN rollout plans can be found at http://nbnco.com.au/our-network/rollout-plan.html (Note: this information is from a 3rd party).

I feel your pain in regards to Satellite (I'm an Austar Customer here) but I think it has more to do with the distribution rights then the actual quality of the content. Again, thats just my 2 cents Smiley Happy

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

View solution in original post

AlanM
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you, Ben. I am dreading the heavy rain anticipated over the next two days coinciding with the 4th Test in Adelaide and how much it will impact on my viewing pleasure!  Cheers

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit