CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
markymark
Level 2: Rookie

Free to air reception in Sydney through foxtel cable

Answered

Could you please advise if there is any reason why our reception of channel 9, 7 and 10 has disappeared in the last week? Channel 9 is heavily pixelated and unwatchable. Channel 7 and 10 are just not available

A soft reset of the foxtel box doesn't help, and all other channels (including abc and sbs) are available.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
markymark
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: Free to air reception in Sydney through foxtel cable

Issue is now fixed - for the record, the isolator was faulty and needed to be replaced by the foxtel technician on site this morning.

May be something to do with it being over 12 years old....

Mark

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
wdtvandsound
Level 11: Detective

As with Austar system the FTA (Free to Air) ABC & SBS (Standard Definition) SD channels come off the dish or cable with the other Austar/Foxtel channels.

If you reset and rescan the channels "with out the antenna connected" all of the HD SBS ABC eg 024, & HD & SD FTA commercial channel line-up of channel numbers will disappear and not even display E52!!!!

If you plug the FTA (RF) Digital Antenna directly in to the (Digital Video Broadcast) DVB capable Digital TV and all of the FTA channels work, then reconnect the RF lead from the digital capable antenna back in to the Pay TV box RF in and do a rescan by pulling out the power lead from the Pay TV box, wait 10 seconds and plug it in again.

If all signal is good, you should have all channels on the pay TV box.

If not!!!

Get a digital capable antenna installer with the "AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT APPROVED ANTENNA INSTALLER"  ID and credentials displaying "Get READY for digital TV "with their name, Photo, ID number with an Approved until date, as the date is linked to the Tech's public liability insurance expiry date for renewal, so he is covered if the tech has a accident damaging your house, just like I have, like an electricans certification!!!!

Good luck!!!

I'm not a Telstra employee.
I'm a Wireless 3G/4G LTE/4GX Antenna Sub-contractor and these are my opinions and not of Telstra.
Level 21: Augmented

Hi Markymark,

Is your Foxtel via an antenna as suggested above, or is it through the HFC network? The resolution will vary depending on which technology you're connecting through.

Lathania

Connection is through cable. What is interesting is how my reception has changed in the last week - we used to have no problem, but for some reason, something has changed and the FTA channels are no longer available.

I will try a hard reset tonight and see how it works.

Mark

Level 21: Augmented

If that's the case it could well be an issue with the network itself, perhaps the tap connecting your lead in to the network etc. If you have cable internet as well you might want to try disconnecting that to see if it helps, other than that you'll need to contact Foxtel.
Lathania

Accepted Solution

Issue is now fixed - for the record, the isolator was faulty and needed to be replaced by the foxtel technician on site this morning.

May be something to do with it being over 12 years old....

Mark

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now