CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
thebream
Level 1: Cadet

How do I cancel my "Foxtel from Telstra" subscription?

Answered

What should surely be a simple job is proving impossible, see below for buckpass-athon I have experienced so far . . .

15/08/18 15:35 Called 1800 676 088 Got a recorded message saying they're too busy and to try again later.

15/08/18 16:28 Called 1800 676 088 Got the same recorded message again.

15/08/18 Tried the Telstra online "chat", selected Foxtel and got this message: "Sorry! We’ll need to speak with you on the phone. To change your Foxtel package online click here, or for anything else please call 13 19 99."

15/08/18 16:32 Called 131 999 (8 minutes) This number is actually Foxtel, was told that they can't cancel my service and put me on hold while they tried to transfer me to Telstra. After 5 minutes they came back and said nobody at Telstra would answer!

16/08/18 I thought I would try to talk to someone in person so visited my local Telstra Shop. Was told that they can't help me, the "best" thing to do was to ring Telstra! Tried to explain my attempts to ring the day before . . .

16/08/18 10:26 Called 1800 676 088 (27 minutes) Finally got to speak to someone who said that because my Foxtel was part of a bundle they needed some other department to change the bundle, but they can't do that for 72 hours! The other services on the bundle had already been cancelled, so I don't see how that could have been the case. Anyway, they said they would ring back on Tuesday 21/08 and finalise the cancellation.

25/08/18 (today) Have not heard back from anybody, Foxtel still connected and I am presumably still being billed for it 10 days after first attempting to cancel!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I cancel my "Foxtel from Telstra" subscription?

Hi @thebream,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about your experience, I can understand your frustration.

I recommend getting in contact with our disconnections team to follow this up and ensure it has gone through correctly. You can find them over the phone on 13 22 00 (when prompted, say 'disconnect'). They are available 8am - 9.30pm AEST Monday-Saturday and Sunday 8am - 8pm AEST.

Please let me know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @thebream,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about your experience, I can understand your frustration.

I recommend getting in contact with our disconnections team to follow this up and ensure it has gone through correctly. You can find them over the phone on 13 22 00 (when prompted, say 'disconnect'). They are available 8am - 9.30pm AEST Monday-Saturday and Sunday 8am - 8pm AEST.

Please let me know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

thebream
Level 1: Cadet

Magic!

Just called 132200 and spoke to someone very helpful who cancelled the service for me right away, and then very patiently sorted out the billing relating to this and my Internet service.

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks heaps for getting back to us @thebream, that's great to hear. While unfavourable, I'm glad we were able to assist you in completing your request. 

Please do not hesitate to shout out if you have any further queries or concerns. We're available 24x7 via our social media pages; Facebook & Twitter.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now