CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Roger99
Level 3: Gumshoe

How do I login to the Foxtel Go app on my PC?

Answered

I have a Telstra broadband account and Foxtel, all via cable. The broadband is ok (I'm posting this from my PC), but our Foxtel IQ boxes are all showing F106 (no signal). I have lodged a service call this morning, but it's not scheduled until next Tuesday.

I have downloaded the Foxtel Go app onto my PC, but when I select the chanel that I want to view (for the Brazil F1 race) it asks me to log in with my Foxtel account. The options are Foxtel, or Foxtel on T-Box. I don't have a T-Box, so select Foxtel. It then asks for a Username and Password, but won't accept my Telstra details, so what do I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Roger99
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I login to the Foxtel Go app on my PC?

That's what I had attempted to do, but the 'Foxtel from Telstra' wasn't a clickable link. It turned out that I had to select the second Telstra account in the drop-box at the top of the account page. That then gave me a 'Plans and Useage' box which had a clickable Foxtel from Telstra link, and, as you say, that then revealed the Foxtel account number. I've plugged that all into the Foxtel page, and it looks like it has accepted it (says there's a verification email waiting for me - yes, looks good. In fact, IT WORKS

Thank you very much for your help, I wouldn't have got there without it.

Roger

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Level 24: Supreme Being

If you have not done so before you will need to set up a Foxtel ID.

Easiest way is to jump into Telstra MyAccount - https://tel.st/myacc - and select your Foxtel Service, it will have listed there a Foxtel Account number, note that down.

Once you have that head here - https://www.foxtel.com.au/got/register.html - enter that Foxtel Account number and your DOB into that page and follow the prompts to set up your Foxtel ID.

Once you have completed that step, you can then use the Foxtel ID to log into the Foxtel Go app on any compatible device. It can also be used with the Foxtel Guide app for remote recording and management features as well.

If you can't find your Foxtel Account number listed in MyAccount, you can grab the SmartCard from the Foxtel box and use the SmartCard number instead as well.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Roger99

Thanks, I'll give that a try now. I will report back in a few minutes.

No worries, Hopefully that will do the job.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Roger99

No go, I'm afraid. At https://www.foxtel.com.au/got/register.html it says that Foxtel-from-Telsta customers cannot use their Telstra account number to resister. What do I do now??

Yeah which is why you need the Foxtel Account number one not the Telstra Account number one.

The Telstra Account number will start with 2000, the Foxtel Account number will be much shorter, if you use that one you will be fine. That is the reference number for the account on the Foxtel system which is why it is the one Foxtel want.

FoxtelAcc.jpg

So this is from MyAccount, so it is the middle one you would need.

Helpful Links

Roger99

As you say, the Telstra Account number starts with 2000 ...., then there is my home phone number, then two mobile numbers, then the last line is 'Foxtel from Telstra' with a ten-digit number with no embedded spaces. Note that this i slightly different to yours which simply says 'Foxtel Account No.'

If you click the Foxtel from Telstra item, it should bring up another page with more details such as options to change your plan and details of your contract, in that page you should see what I have posted.
Helpful Links

If you still can't find it there, just grab the SmartCard out of the Foxtel Box - it should be behind a flip cover on the front of the device - you can use the Smart Cards number and your DOB to validate the account instead as an alternative.

If your Foxtel Box is still letting you access the menu, you can also find the smartcard number in the boxes advance settings too. 

Helpful Links

Roger99
Accepted Solution

That's what I had attempted to do, but the 'Foxtel from Telstra' wasn't a clickable link. It turned out that I had to select the second Telstra account in the drop-box at the top of the account page. That then gave me a 'Plans and Useage' box which had a clickable Foxtel from Telstra link, and, as you say, that then revealed the Foxtel account number. I've plugged that all into the Foxtel page, and it looks like it has accepted it (says there's a verification email waiting for me - yes, looks good. In fact, IT WORKS

Thank you very much for your help, I wouldn't have got there without it.

Roger

View solution in original post

I am very glad that it worked. That's good.

I love my Foxtel Go.
Helpful Links

Roger99

PS I just noticed your very last post, about using DOB and the S/C number - I had much earlier tried that, but it wouldn't accept those two items - I don't know why. But anyway, I'm a happy chappy now, so once again - thank you.

Roger

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now