Highlighted
Geoff_S
Level 2: Rookie

IQ3 manual

Answered

OK so I've just signed up with Telstra for their bundle 100mb and Foxtel. I'm starting to think that this may be one of the stupidest moves I've ever made. But to cut a long story short, I finally got a "Technician" to the house today, who plugged the pre existing leads into the back of the unit, left us the lovely advertising brochure for the IQ3, and disappeared out the door. 20 minutes total time. No brief run through, internet not connected, included packages not turned on. So after the many hours I've spent online I'd like to ask here.

Where can I find a good manual for the IQ3? I managed to get the internet connection operating, BUT what do I do with it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: IQ3 manual

Page 14 and 15 of the 'user guide' is about as close as they get to explaining the online services... it does /kinda/ explain anytime and the store, which are the two main online services, and are both unmetered for BigPond customers... so they will not count towards the 100GB Smiley Happy
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Level 23: Superhero

Hi Geoff, you'll find a full PDF copy of the user manual at the following link: http://www.foxtel.com.au/content/dam/foxtel/support/pdf/iq3-user-guide.pdf

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

The User Guide for the iQ3 is here:
http://www.foxtel.com.au/content/dam/foxtel/support/pdf/iq3-user-guide.pdf

The internet access allows you to access on demand features, Rentals, and any other services which from time to time may require access.

Once they activate the service it can take 24 hours (mine first too 72hrs) to activate everything correctly...

If you do have problems getting it working correctly they do have a Foxtel Tech Support team who are pretty good at explaining things even when their techs themselves are always the same...

Call us 131 999
7.30am to midnight, Mon to Sun (AEST)
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

That link I supplied Geoff by the way is it, that"s Foxtels idea of a user manual/guide, pretty poor really.

The only other item they have is a quick setup guide here:  http://www.foxtel.com.au/content/dam/foxtel/support/pdf/foxtel-iq3-new-self-install-cable.pdf

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

Geoff_S

Thanks to both of you. That is justy a copy of the booklet that was left by the so called "Technician". Does not tell me how to use the intenet connection. What is available? How do I connect to Stan, Presto, that sort of thing.

As I said earlier, pretty poor really, but that's all that Foxtel have offered up.

Signature.gif

Geoff_S

Thanks mate, I'll just spend another 20 or so hours trying to workj it out Smiley Happy

Stan and Presto are not currently available via the IQ3, however with the promotion you will receive a welcome letter with the two promotional codes about 7-10 days after everything is activated.

The internet connection allows you to access in the menu the services listed as "on demand", I have not used the IQ3 to any real extent because I tried it a little and decided I am not upgrading anytime soon...

Having a look at the user guide it looks like it is under the listing of "Anytime" on the iQ3, which is what they call it on Foxtel Go so I guess that makes sense... so it will allow you to download episodes of shows or movies which are from channels in your packages and allow you watch them anytime...

Not all shows are uploaded however, I believe it is based on their online distribution rights, but a lot are available Smiley Happy

Helpful Links

Only other suggestion is to take a look at the HQ2 user guide/manual, as in a lot of respects they are very similar:  http://www.foxtel.com.au/content/dam/foxtel/support/pdf/user-guide-iqhd-TDC850NF.pdf

Signature.gif

Accepted Solution

Page 14 and 15 of the 'user guide' is about as close as they get to explaining the online services... it does /kinda/ explain anytime and the store, which are the two main online services, and are both unmetered for BigPond customers... so they will not count towards the 100GB Smiley Happy
Helpful Links

Geoff_S

Thanks Guys, been a good help.

project056
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Geoff,

I have had an IQ3 for about 1 month now. The internet connection allows you to 'start over' some (Most) programs that have already started and get some some video on demand which is pretty good although only in Standard Definition.

The IQ3 seems to work reasonably well (when it is working!!) but can be very slow to respond. It also needs regular rebooting (every few days) by holding the power button for about 10 seconds to ensure it keeps running as it has a tendency to lockup.

Still the features outweigh the previous IQ2 box I had as that would constantly lose the programs scheduled for recording.

Hope it works Ok for you.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more