CrowdSupport®
Jackie1010
Level 2: Rookie

Internet issue

We recently relocated house and had Foxtel come out and set up 4 x iq2 boxes thru cable and as the modem is located in our garage they were all set up to the internet by power line adapters. This was all working for approx 1 month then all the iq boxes lost internet connection.
I went thru reconnecting them with foxtel over the phone and 2 of the boxes are now connected to the internet but I can’t get a signal thru to the power line adapter on the last 2.
Foxtel seem to think this is an nbn issue?
All other devices are connected to wifi and we also have a wifi extender set up.
Anyone have any suggestions before I pay for them to send a technician out !

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Internet issue

If a one of the IO2 boxes that isn't working is disconnected and the Ethernet connected to a laptop does the laptop with its WiFi turned off have internet access?

What is the make and model of the power adapters and what is the make and model of the Telstra modem?

Jackie1010

I will need to test this tomorrow night as my daughter is not home with the laptop tonight but if I understand correctly this is to check if there is internet connection thru the power line adapter...correct?
And it’s a Telstra smart modem gen 2, power line adaptors are the foxtel ones they supplied.

Yes it is to check if there is internet connection through the power line adapters.

Jackie1010

Ok tried that and definitely no internet coming from the adapter.
The first 2 lights are on but not the last one.
This adapter has been paired with the one plugged into the modem.

Is it the light on the right, the one that has icon that looks like a house, that is off? If that light is off the power adapters have lost there pairing and need to be repaired.

Jackie1010

Correct , but foxtel told me that icon was the signal strength for the internet.
I have tried pairing them so many times, but when they are plugged in together the house light comes on then when I take it out of the power point to put back in the bedroom and connect it that light goes out again.

The light indicates the speed and quality of the data link between the two power plug adapters and depends on the distance and quality of the house wiring. Foxtel is wrong in saying it indicates the signal strength of the internet if anything it indicates the signal strength between the two plugs.

Have there been any modifications to the house wiring or have extra electrical devices been plugged into any power points? 

Jackie1010

No we are renting and nothing has changed.
The foxtel tech came out 13/4 and installed the boxes , connected the power line adaptors and there was internet connection to each box until about 2 weeks ago.
I kept saying to them over the phone when we got 2 reconnected but not the remaining 2 that if the technician connected them all initially then surely I should be able to reconnect them ?!

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now