Ssamkj
Level 1: Cadet

Iq4 glitching after update

My Foxtel box has been glitching since the new update(August 2019). It flickers/static every now and again and then has completely blacked out after awhile. When I turn the box off it shows a green screen format before turning off. I have done a rest (press and hold the power button) and it is still happening. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Iq4 glitching after update

That sort of behaviour is usually associated with a loose/faulty HDMI cable connection.

Try unplugging the HDMI cable (both ends) and reinserting.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Sutto04
Level 2: Rookie

Mine is doing the same. No loose cables, only started straight after the upgrade. I believe the iq4 resolution has changed since the update.? No point having Foxtel if I can’t watch it. Waiting on a new box as the rep seems to think this is the problem, I’m thinking it’s not the box. If it’s unsuccessful I’ll cancel it

Ssamkj

Disconnecting and reconnecting cables didn’t seem to make a difference. I don’t watch much live tv, mainly recorded programs. But when it is on live tv, I dont recall it happening. Regularly happens when I’m watching recorded programs and then I have to turn the Foxtel off then back on again for it to stop. 

Ssamkj

Did you notice if it happens on live tv or just recorded programs? Not 100% sure as I don’t watch much live tv, but I can’t recall it happening on live tv. 

Have you received your new box? If so, has the problem been resolved? Mine too only started doing this after the new update. 

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now