CrowdSupport®
Dolphin74
Level 1: Cadet

Motion blur and judder on Foxtel sports

I recently got T box with Foxtel Sports.

Have asdl2+ and great speed with no interruptions.

I'm dissapointed with the motion blur and judder when watching sports. Close ups and medium range shots are fine, but on wide shots of pitch when the camera pans it is very noticeable and annoying.

Watched SBS highlights of champions league on free-to-air, and it was perfectly smooth—much better than the t box stream.

Can only conclude that Telestra are streaming at too low a bit rate.

If you are paying for a premium sports package, the minimum you expect is for it to be good as free-to-air qulaity, with no motion blur or judder on wide shots.

Feel like it is almost false advertising on Telestra's behalf. 

If your going to offer subscription sports on IPTV, then at least make it boradcast 720p.

I will probably unsubscribe and get full-blown FOXTEL.

I liked the idea of a month-to-month subscription, but if the quality is not acceptable for sports, then will have to thnik again.

Dolphin

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
gsgrady1

Re: Motion blur and judder on Foxtel sports

And I thought we were the only ones with this problem:-) . We've only had tbox for around a month and being footy fans we were looking forward to watching all the games.   But we are also very disappointed, we even bought a new full HD tv to make for a better experience!!!   Its a disgrace Telstra, with todays technology we shouldnt have to pay for a product which does not Perform to expectations, we will be taking the matter further.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi guys,

I am sorry for the issues that you have experienced with the T-Box streaming of live sports Smiley Sad

I would recommend that you contact the T-Box Faults Team on 1300136841 (24/7) so that they can have a go at troubleshooting your streaming quality issues and hopefully have them resolved. It may be that the device needs to be replaced.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

gsgrady1

Trust me I have been down the tech support road, onto the complaints dept and still have a TBox that we are not happy with. We received a Home network extender after our last complaint with a promise Testra would ring to check if it solved the problem. Disappointed both ways,, it didnt change a thing and Telstra havent contacted us.   So i suppose i will have to get back onto the Phone roundabout and waste another hour!!!! Not happySmiley Sad 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If you do have a complaint reference number then you should only have to contact your case manager to have them assist you further with the issue. The reference number will have a SR 1-1..... and you will have to quote this number only when you contact 1800814242. This is a reception for the complaints team and will be able to get you onto the case manager or arrange a call back for you and are available from 9am - 5pm Mon - Fri AEST. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Dolphin74

Hey DingoDan,

Thanks for the reponse, but I'm not going to waste my time with tech support. I too have a ruckus home network adapter and it didn't make any difference.

The motion blur and judder is a sympton of FOX Sports being broadcast as a compressed internet stream - a new box isn't going to fix it.

Until they up the bit rate on transmission it will stay the same.

It should be as good as free-to-air quality on 7.

Dolphin

Lee-p

I'm trying to view the rugbyleague game this afternoon and it is unwatchable. All the other channels are not that great either.

I have a 100Mb NBN connection on a T-Hub wired to the T-Box

Wally_73

Hey Lee-p,

I have had the same issues as you. Tried the netgear extender with no difference. Telstra have scammed us all, very very disappointed. Had friends over to watch the footy but we ended up playing darts instead.
Klee

I recently joined up with Foxtel on T-Box and have found every channel has "motion blur and shudder".  I've been a member for 4 days and will cancel this subscription because where I live it's been a waste of time and my hard earned money.

Disappointed.....

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Klee, 

Have you had a chance to report the experience with our T-Box support team? I can see that DingoDan has posted the contact details for the T-Box Support team. 

It may be possible that your settings or cabling may be loose, or your T-Box has a fault and it needs to be replaced. Please contact our T-Box Support team first and keep us posted with how you go. 

- Luis

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now