CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
coogeebear
Level 1: Cadet

Olympic channels on Foxtel lite

Hello, i am on Foxtel lite and don't have the olympic games channels yet, even though they were added today. I did get the Commonwealth channels 2 years ago. Is anyone able to tell me if i will get the Olympic channels ? I am on HD platinum  via sattelite.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Olympic channels on Foxtel lite

Hi coogeebear, 

If your a Lite or Extra Lite customer, these channels won't be available to you sorry :-( 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@Steph wrote:

Hi coogeebear, 

If your a Lite or Extra Lite customer, these channels won't be available to you sorry :-( 

What? According to http://www.foxtel.com.au/london2012/faqs/default.htm as the OP is on a Platnium package he should be able to get the Channels.

I'm on Austar with HD via Satellite, and I have the channels (but not the subscription).

Is this a Telstra limitation?

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Ben, 

It's not the package that's the limitation, it's because it's a "Lite" Address. 

Some customers living in multiple dwelling residences (like apartment buildings)have certain service limitations if their premises were wired prior to 2005 and as a result of the older wiring, these buildings do not currently meet FOXTEL specifications. Additional wiring is needed to rectify this. Foxtel work with Body Corporates to arrange this. 

These addresses have Foxtel Lite (or Extra Lite) and can't get all Foxtel channels, as well as a few other limitations.

For example, they won't receive

•  Retransmission of Free-To-Air channels
  • LifeStyle YOU +2
  • Discovery Turbo MAX +2
  • 111 HITS +2
  • Discovery Channel +2
  • LifeStyle FOOD +2
  • SCI FI +2

And in this case, the Olympics channels. And some other special channels as they pop up. 

Hope this helps Ben 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Steph, this isn't mentioned on the Foxtel Website for London2012, are you sure your info is correct? I figured that they would have LIte customers as well (not just Telstra) and most know that Telstra just resell foxtel (down to interfacing directly with VIVA for account info).

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Ben, 

My information comes directly from the resources that we have available to us, and I assure you it is correct and is stated multiple times.

As for the Foxtel website,  I would guess it is their disclaimer " Some services not available to all homes." 

Feza76
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Steph, I am in a building as well that only has Foxtel lite. I guess the dissapointing thing is, apart from the olympics channels not being available, is that no notice was sent out to customers informing us of this. What does the body corporate have to do to make the switch? Is the process simple? i.e some re-wiring, re-switching by Foxtel or Telstra or is the process more complicated, i.e take longer that a couple of days to sort out. Failing that, the other option I noticed on Foxtels website is to download the olympic games app to access al 8 channels but it's only available to Ipad or Samsung tablet users. I have an Acer. Is there any other way I can get access to these channels via Telstra? At the moment it doesn't seem possible for me to watch the olympics as I don't get channel 9 or the olympics channels via Satellite lite. Thanks Dave
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Feza76, 

The Body Corporate would have to potential pay for and allow additional wiring to be added to the services in their buildings. Basically Foxtel Lite customers have wiring only able to access the horizontal polarity on the Satellite broadcasting Foxtel, where as the additional wiring is needed to be able to access the Vertical polarity, and being able to access both is what's needed to access all the Foxtel channels, and interactive features.

It's all done by Foxtel (not Telstra) as for the actual process and the time it takes, that's something yourself or the Body Corporate would need to check with Foxtel directly. 

Other than the Foxtel app, Telstra aren't broadcasting the games so we don't have an option for you to get the Olympics sorry. 

Does your building have antenna's wired into the apartments/ units for Free to Air channels that you can access? instead perhaps? 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Just following up on this discussion for Steph, coverage of the London 2012 Olympic Games will not be available to MDU Lite/Extra Lite customers and some TDT customers due to infrastructure limitations at your premises, even if you subscribe to the Sports Tier – this is the same for Foxtel from Telstra and Foxtel Direct.

Customers should refer to their Strata Manager/Body Corporate to investigate the option of upgrading by contacting Foxtel Direct on 131 999.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now