CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
peegee
Level 1: Cadet

Olympics with sports subsciption upgrade ??

Answered

Hi,

As there doesn't seem to be anything on the Telstra Foxtel site about the Olympics, maybe someone could advise if the Telstra iQ HD sports package qualifies for the new 8 channels ??

Any minimum term in upgrading a package from basic to sports ??

Cheers,

-P

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Olympics with sports subsciption upgrade ??

Heya peegee,

Welcome to CrowdSupport. Smiley Happy

Awesome to see you're keen to watch the London Olympics on Foxtel From Telstra! I can certainly clarify a couple of things for you. Smiley Wink

1. As long as you are subscribed to a Sports HD Package via Foxtel From Telstra prior to July 27th, you most certainly will be able to receive the eight additional HD London 2012 Channels.

2. Kalak is also correct in saying that you will be subscribed to the Sports Package for a minimum of one month at a cost of $16.

Therefore, if you were to cancel mid-month, you'd still be charged for the full month.. I'd recommend making the most of that month. Smiley Happy

One month's subscription to Sports HD - $16

Beer and snacks for watching the events of London 2012 - $25

HD 'front row' experience in the comfort of your own home, at your convenience... priceless Smiley Wink

...if I do say so myself Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

You should see the new channels there (I don't have sports and I can) and if so then yes, you should be able to get them by upgrading to sports.

I beleive that it can be changed anytime, however I'm not sure.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Level 23: Superhero

IIRC, when adding new channels you have to keep them for a minimum of 1 full month. After that you can downgrade/remove them.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Heya peegee,

Welcome to CrowdSupport. Smiley Happy

Awesome to see you're keen to watch the London Olympics on Foxtel From Telstra! I can certainly clarify a couple of things for you. Smiley Wink

1. As long as you are subscribed to a Sports HD Package via Foxtel From Telstra prior to July 27th, you most certainly will be able to receive the eight additional HD London 2012 Channels.

2. Kalak is also correct in saying that you will be subscribed to the Sports Package for a minimum of one month at a cost of $16.

Therefore, if you were to cancel mid-month, you'd still be charged for the full month.. I'd recommend making the most of that month. Smiley Happy

One month's subscription to Sports HD - $16

Beer and snacks for watching the events of London 2012 - $25

HD 'front row' experience in the comfort of your own home, at your convenience... priceless Smiley Wink

...if I do say so myself Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

b-lmacka

How do I log into foxtel to watch the olympics on ipad? Lost login / password ????

Thanks

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

You can find some more information about the Foxtel London Olympic App in the Crowdsupport Knowledgebase:

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Foxtel-Knowledge-Base/Foxtel-London-Olympics-App-available-for...

myra21

Why am I uneligable for the telstra olypmic pass is it because I took the nrl app offer?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi myra21

Have you followed these instructions:

1. Download the app from the App Store or Google Play
  2. Select premium content (indicated with a padlock)
  3. Confirm that you're a Telstra Mobile customer
  4. Sign-up for an account via the app with your Facebook or Gmail login.
  5. Finalise your Telstra free offer. You can do this automatically by being connected to the Telstra Mobile Network (you must turn off Wi-Fi to do this) on your mobile service. Alternatively, you can also login with your Telstra ID.
  6. Enjoy free premium content on your mobile device or online here.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now