chris_sydney
Level 1: Cadet

Problem with telstra foxtel iQ2 remote

I tried upgrading online my iQ2 to an iQ4 tonight only to be met with an error saying it couldn't be done online. When I phoned Telstra I was told that the "line of business" was the result of the problem but the representative couldn't tell me at all what this meant and how I was supposed to fix it. All he said is I need to talk to the body corporate (small block of 6 villas) to get it sorted.

I know my neighbours and I know that not one of them would have a clue what this means. I already have a satellite dish on the roof with an iQ2 box running. Can anyone please shed some light on this and tell me what I need to do to get it resolved. The Telstra representative I spoke to on the phone was absolutely useless. He offered zero resolution apart from continually telling me it is the line of business but he couldn't really explain what that was.

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Problem with telstra foxtel iQ2 remote

Hey chris_sydney,

I can appreciate your concerns with the information provided and do apologise for any inconvenience this has caused Smiley Sad The Body Corporate would be your Strata Title team for the complex that the upgrade was being requested in. However, this is only normally needed when the Foxtel hasn't been installed fully. As you already have the connection installed then it would just be a matter of ensuring the Satellite set top box is received. 

This device is compatible with Satellite connections as per

https://tel.st/3zrfv

I would recommend having this upgrade completed via our Billing team on the Live Chat service via 

https://tel.st/5lahl

They can assist with this in real time 24/7. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

chris_sydney
Level 1: Cadet

Hi DingoDan,

Thanks for your reply but that didn’t help at all. I contacted the chat team and they blamed it all on Foxtel and said there is nothing they can do. First he told me it was to do with a scheduled
NBN connection that I’m waiting for and then he said it was to do with my iQ2 not being able to be upgraded. I am dumbfounded at the lack of effort or response here by any Telstra rep I speak to. No one seems to know anything or how to help me resolve this.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi chris_sydney, I am sorry that the response my colleague offered was not helpful. May I ask if you have checked out the following link:- https://tel.st/yjnn7

We do also have a dedicated Foxtel Team who will be able to help you. They are available directly via 131999 and say "Faults" and they shall be able to assist you with the specific reasons you are having trouble and what needs to be done to get your device upgraded. 

I hope this area helps and please let us know

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now