CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Returning the Foxtel set top box when you are getting Foxtel through Telstra???

We had a Foxtel box already when we signed up to watch Foxtel through Telstra. We were told in the Telstra shop (and ticked a box to this effect) that we needed no new box as we had an existing one. Now we have received 9 letters of demand from Dun and Bradstreet collection agency in one day! Return the box or pay $300. We have had no help from D and B: just to 'lodge a complaint' which they will try to answer in 30 days. We have had no warning of this, calls or SMS or letters or emails. Just 9 letters of demand. Telstra should not let this happen! 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Returning the Foxtel set top box when you are getting Foxtel through Telstra???

Have you tried giving Foxtel a call on 131999 to see if they can update their accounts? They should be able to see that it's currently in use at your address with Foxtel from Telstra.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit