CrowdSupport®
megsymog
Level 1: Cadet

TelstraTV Foxtel Now Error Code: AS4043

So, I've had Foxtel subscription on my telstra account for about 6months. However, I've had no Foxtel Now on my Telstra TV - it wouldn't allow login. Back then, I contacted both Telstra and Foxtel. Everything was reset, and away I was (supposed) to go!

Nothing. Still showing on my account. No login on Telstra TV Foxtel Now app allowed.

Then - tonight - just randomly clicking thru shows, and Foxtel Now let me IN!

For about two episodes of "The Outsider", which I was enjoying immensely... then, it bumped me out, telling me:

"Ooops! This device has already had a free trial. You can only receive the free trial once. Error Code: AS4043".

I have no idea what free trial this code is relating to. If I logon to my Foxtel Account on my laptop, no issue. There's my account, there are my shows, and I can happily continue watching "The Outsider"... but that's not the idea of this, right??

Hoping someone can help.

Cheers,

Meg

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: TelstraTV Foxtel Now Error Code: AS4043

Do you have a Foxtel subscription or a Foxtel Now subscription? They are different things and are not interchangeable.

If you can log in via your laptop but not your Telstra TV, I would suspect that you have a Foxtel subscription that normally works through an iQ3/4 box.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
megsymog
Level 1: Cadet

Jupiter, I believe you have now hit the nail on the head!

I would never have guessed that in a million years.

Now to find out what my login details are for Foxtel Now... as I can very easily log in to MyFoxtel app - with the Telstra/Bigpond email login and password I am using ... just can't watch it on Telstra TV... have to use Chromecast.

Thanks.

Note: you can't use the same email address for both Foxtel & Foxtel Now subscriptions. Foxtel isn't that smart.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now