CrowdSupport®
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Troubleshooting/Replacing your Foxtel Remote

I had to help a family member with some troubleshooting for their Foxtel remote and thought I would share some quick tips I found online and also how to arrange a replacement if all else fails:

Step 1: Perform a quick check that your Foxtel remote has power - press the Foxtel button or standby button and look for a red light at the top of the remote.

If there's no red light, go to Step 2

If there is, skip to Step 5

Step 2: Reset your remote  

1.     Remove the batteries.
  2.     Press ALL the buttons on the remote.
  3.     Re-insert the batteries.

Still not working? Go to Step 3

Step 3: Replace the batteries with two AA batteries. Still nothing? Go to Step 4

Step 4: You'll need to arrange a new a replacement remote, which you can do by:

•  Foxtel My Account- http://www.foxtel.com.au/got/my-account/my-package.html. You just need your Foxtel ID details to log in. If you haven't set up a Foxtel ID you need your Foxtel account number. If you haven't set up a login you'll need to provide two of either your Smartcard number, your Foxtel account number or the account holder's date of birth (check your Welcome Pack).
  • Foxtel Kiosks: www.foxtel.com.au/shop/kiosk/default.htm
  • Through a Telstra Store - please note not all Telstra stores carry Foxtel accessories so I've found it best to do a little research first, so call the store first to check.
  • Calling us on 13 22 00 and say 'Foxtel'

Step 5: Try changing channels  

Use the up and down buttons on the front panel of the Foxtel box to change channels. If they change, please contact us for more help.

Channels won't change? Go to Step 6.

Step 6: Reset your Foxtel box   

If you're in the middle of recording a show, you'll lose it, but the reset won't delete anything from your iQ or MyStar Planner:

•     Reset your Foxtel box by switching the power off at the socket, then pull the power cord out from the back of the box.
  •     Leave the power disconnected for at least 30 seconds.
  •     Plug the Foxtel power cord back in and switch the power on. Your Foxtel box should turn on and light up. The reboot process takes about three to six minutes and most of our boxes will automatically turn themselves back on. If your box is still showing the red standby light, try turning it on by pressing the Foxtel button or standby button at the top of your remote.

If your remote still isn't working, see step 4 on how to order a new one.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Kman1957
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Troubleshooting/Replacing your Foxtel Remote

I'm have a number of foxtel remotes and have the same problem with the IQ2 box not responding to the remote. Im now having to reboot the box every second day to get it to respond to the remote. Does anyone have an idea of what causes the box to stop responding to the IR ?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now