CrowdSupport®
Adin
Level 1: Cadet

Upgrade Foxtel

As of today Foxtel has changed their channel packages and what is being offered. I have tried the 24/7 chat, going into a Telstra store and calling Telstra but nobody can give me an answer.

I currently pay for a number of packages of channels that no longer exist including standard movies (Foxtel now only offers Movies in HD, for the same price I am paying now) or channels have been moved out of packages into the standard package. Of the 4 people I have spoken to so far nobody has been able to give me an answer, will my channel packages be updated to the new packages or is that something that I need to request? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Upgrade Foxtel

You don't need to do anything. You will get what is now in the packages. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Adin
Level 1: Cadet

Hi. I've checked and I don't get what is in the new packages, this is my issue. I'm paying for packages that no longer exist and have been replaced with new ones. 

For example BBC Earth is now part of a standard Foxtel package but for me it is still not watchable.

As mentioned above as well I have the old movies package (not HD) that I'm paying the same price for as the new HD movies package. I should be able to just switch to the new packages but no one from Telstra has been able to tell me how I do that.

Have you rebooted your iQ box? It may need to download the updated channel information. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

If that doesn’t work then try 131999, and speak to Foxtel faults. We have the iQ4 with HD and it wasn’t letting me view 4K channels but they were able to fix it up pretty quickly. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now