CrowdSupport®
Buzz10
Level 1: Cadet

Upgrading to iQ3

Hi!
My understanding is that shows you have recorded on your iQ box are not transferable if you upgrade from iQ2 to iQ3.
If I was to upgrade and set up the new iQ3 box on one TV, can I watch my recorded shows on the iQ2 box using a different TV in a different room? Some of the shows I have recorded are not in Foxtel on Demand Anytime, so cannot simply re-download them on the new box.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Deedz
Level 11: Detective

Re: Upgrading to iQ3

My understanding is that if you upgrade your iQ2 to iQ3 the box will be de-activated through that process and therefore lose any content regardless.

The only work around I can think of would be to request for a NEW multiroom (check install costs) to have a 2nd box running which is the new iQ3. Doing this would allow you to retain your existing recorded shows on the iQ2 albeit paying $25 extra a month to do so. Once you've caught up on all your recorded shows you could then cancel the iQ2 Smiley Happy

Hope that helps!

Do or do not, there is no try...

I am a Telstra Employee but participate in the forum on my own time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent my employer

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now