kingdom2017
Level 1: Cadet

Useless Telstra!!

Very disappointed!! I signed a 2yr agreement and there was nothing said about the discount being only 12months? Ludicrous! To make it worse, the disconnection agent said
We don't have to give you a discount"?

I will surely take my business elsewhere when this is over!!!

Very disappointed customer!!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Useless Telstra!!

What discount are you referring to?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
kingdom2017

This one here mate.

"Telstra Large Bundle continued...
Additional Charges for your Bundle
BigPond Internet Usage 251,920 MB $0.00
Bonus Data Pack 500GB $0.00
Telstra Bundle 24 Month Discount credit $20.00"

Now my new monthly bill until the contract is due in 2019 January is now $140?? That includes Foxtel Sports HD which use to be $120 for the bundle. Once again, nothing in a verbal agreement stating the discount was only for 12months? Funny thing is, my internet is only ADSL2 and Foxtel is the old iQ2 box not iQ3 if I sign with the Entertainment Plus Sports Bundle for $129/mth? Don't give a sh*$ about movies or entertainment..only need Sports HD and internet. Had Foxtel iQ2 for at least 7yrs or more before telstra. So the wear and tear on the foxtel remote buttons are starting to bug me.

So what?? I get a lower deal than the Entertainment Plus Sports Bundle and still pay more? God damn ludicrous! And the agents who dealt with my case did NOTHING pretending to check it with his superior?? Doing some research perhaps I will pay that disconnection fee that **bleep** wanted me to pay and then take my business to optus seems like the best deal going around at the moment.

I guess Telstra don't see me as a potential long term customer? Yep, all good. I will spread this to all my friends and family to find a better deal.

If the credit in red is worded that way, then it would be reasonable to assume that the discount would apply for the 24 month minimum term of your contract.

My recommendation would be to put in a formal complaint via 132200 or https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

If that fails to resolve it to your satisfaction, you then have the option of putting in a complaint to the TIO at tio.com.au
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
kingdom2017

I just finished making my complaint to Telstra complaints.

'tio.com.au'

Ah interesting I only recently heard about Ombudmans. Will surely give them a bell if nothing is resolved.

Thanks Jupiter, I appreciated the help. Will spring back once it's resolved Smiley Happy

kingdom2017

As I suspected, the infamous Telstra is only good at doing nothing! After 1week and still no response.

Let me guess. #Telstra "But we sent you an email have a look in junk folder".

I spent extra reading them and tadaa Nothing?

Let's take it up a notch with TIO.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now