Highlighted
LittleToch
Level 3: Gumshoe

Why are the packages that Telstra offer regarding Foxtel and Foxtel on T-Box so limited?

Answered

Hello everyone

Apologies in advance if this has already been raised and discussed.

I cannot understand the logic surrounding the inflexibility/limited choices offered by Telstra when it comes to both the "Foxtel from Telstra" and "Foxtel on T-Box".  I am raising this in the context that these services are offered as part of a bundle (phone and internet) and this is what attracts alot of people - one deal, one bill otherwise you would have stand alone providers.

So, bearing in mind the relationship between Telstra and Foxtel, why, with regard to Foxtel from Telstra, are you:

*  limited to only 5 types of packages through Telstra as opposed to 8 packages throught Foxtel?

*  unable to add any other packs to the existing packages with Telstra but you can so with Foxtel?

Why, with regard to Foxtel on T-Box is:

*  the basic package being charged out at approx $20 for only 13 channels when you can get 43 channels from Foxtel for the basic package at $25 per month?

*  the packages again limited to only 4 options?

*  the most popular channel (excluding sport)  - the Lifestyle Channel - not included in any pack?

I do understand the T Box is different in its offerings with various channels moved around but the Foxtel from Telstra offerings just doesn't make any sense from a commercial aspect or even a customer aspect.

Is anyone else frustrated with this or wondering why they can't provide the same level of product/ flexibility?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Why are the packages that Telstra offer regarding Foxtel and Foxtel on T-Box so limited?

Hi LittleToch, 

Sorry about the confusion! 

With Foxtel through Telstra you have two options available to you. 1) One of our packages as advertised online or 2) Building your own package. 

Via Live Chat they will be able to go through the Build Your Own option to help tailor your selection choice. 

-Patrice

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Why are the packages that Telstra offer regarding Foxtel and Foxtel on T-Box so limited?

Hi Littletorch,

I’ll try and provide some information here to clarify this for you.

We are a reseller of Foxtel and as such our packages and inclusions, both for Foxtel through Telstra and Foxtel via the T-box, will vary compared to Foxtel itself.

The packages available via Foxtel through Telstra have been tailored in recent times via our products and improvements team to simplify package selection choice as a result of feedback that we have received from our customers. In terms of adding packs you are welcome to tailor your selection as a BYO option. Via our website we don’t offer this particular option however you are welcome to chat to us here: http://tel.st/49kl​ (Open 24x7) to have this reviewed.

For our online option via the T-Box these channels are set via Foxtel directly as we are reselling their product. With this we are not able to offer channels not previously agreed to. 

-Patrice

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

LittleToch

Thank you for responding Patrice

I found part of your answer confusing.

Are you are saying that if I have Foxtel through Telstra (not T Box), that by getting on "chat" you would look at allowing me to add a pack to my existing package?

Apologies if I have misunerstood your post.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi LittleToch, 

Sorry about the confusion! 

With Foxtel through Telstra you have two options available to you. 1) One of our packages as advertised online or 2) Building your own package. 

Via Live Chat they will be able to go through the Build Your Own option to help tailor your selection choice. 

-Patrice

LittleToch

Thanks Patrice

I've done a few live chats now and am being told you can definately add futher packs later on.  They said not to try and do it first up as it causes havoc with the system with set packages and bundle deals.

I will provide this feedback though - when I first spoke to a Telstra sales person about this on the phone, I was told "yes" you can do it.  When I spoke to another sales person (as I had an order issue and had to re-submit the order) I was told "no".  Even though I now have transcripts of two live chats saying "yes", it does still leave me feeling uneasy about it as it would not be the first time I've been mislead by someone in the Telstra sales team (like - yes you can record foxtel channels on your t-box or the other one - yes you can wacth foxtel on both t boxes even though you only have one service and you don't have to manually change it on the box" ).

Anyway, thanks for your help - assuming it goes to plan, you have solved one of  issues/gripes.  Will let you know if it goes pear shaped. 

Cheers

Little Toch

Support Team
Support Team

No worries Little Toch we're happy to help, thanks for the update and I'm sure everything will go smoothly. If you need anything further please let us know. 

LittleToch

Hi everyone

My upgrade went through last Friday and now have Foxtel through Telstra as opposed to Foxtel on T-Box.  As it was all part of a bundle, I took the entertainment and sports package.

Once it was all up and running, I called Telstra to add the kids pack for another $10 per month.  They put me directly through to Foxtel who made the change within 5 minutes.

All good - what a relief it actually worked out.  I wasn't very confident with it all.

So, I can confirm that you can add extra "packs" to the existing packages offered through Telstra.

Regards

LittleToch

Just  when things make sense and work, we now hit another hurdle.

I successfully added kids to my entertainment and sports bundle etc age s ago as noted in this thread.

I call today to add the drama pack for $20 per monthand get told "no".  I also get told I can't add anything and I shouldn't have the "kids" pack either.

The Telstra consultant said to me the telstra foxtel service team wont even take my call to discuss it and it is not an option.

Well, it can be done, there are numerous representations made to me on Crowd Support from Telstra reps and I have previous live chat transcriptions confirming same.

Poor service yet again - wrong information and the usual brush off.  Why do I continue to be loyal customer?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Littletorch. 

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to you for the poor service you have received and also the time it has take for you to get this resolved. I understand from personal experience how very frustrating this can be and for that I am very sorry. 

Please log in to your Foxtel on T-box setup page here: https://signon.bigpond.com/login?site=cla&goto=http%3A%2F%2Ftbox.bigpond.com%3A80%2Fstbsetup%2Flogin

Simply enter you My Account log in  details, and you can add and remove Foxtel on T-box Channel packages. 

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

LittleToch

Hi

It's not on T-Box, it is Foxtel through Telstra

Regards

Little Toch

Support Team
Support Team

Apologies LittleTorch, I made a mistake there.

Can you please chat to our Foxtel team here http://tel.st/49kl or on 132200 and say "Foxtel Change" and we will get the packages you are requesting added to your service. 

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

LittleToch

I am happy to try - but I have already done this.  I did the live chat earlier and they said I must do it on the phone.  I have been on the phone and they say no.

I'll try once more on live chat using your link, but I know how this will pan out

LittleToch

Hopeless waste of my time.

Feel free to PM if you wish, otherwise I give up and can't wait for my current contract to end.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now