CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
DrEddieAust
Level 2: Rookie

foxtel from telstra - cable - heavy pixelation

Hi all,

In brisbane - have foxtel from tesltra - over cable - and last few weeks we have been having intermittent heavy pixelation - a few weeks ago foxtel and telstra acknowledged the issue was with the network and had a service status notification after i called - all was ok for a while but then on monday morning I noticed a telstra technician at the top of our street up a truck/crane servicing the telstra cable - since then we have had once again the intermittent heavy pixelation whilst watching foxtel and the signal test has max or almost max strength but only 1 bar quality - the cable internet is working fine with ~112mbps downloads on testing consistently and things like streaming have not stuttered etc.  have now had several phone calls to foxtel from telstra with all the usual resets, cable checking etc and they refuse to believe that anything other than an issue with my iq3 could be the problem and that as i have a signal then it is not a network issue - wondering is anyone has any ideas - we do have a technician coming to the house in a few days but i fear that i will get billed for a call out where my equipment is ok and that as the network is technically working they will say there is nothing wrong - it really is unwatchable intermittently - and this is mainly on the HD and FTA channels and less so on SD channels 

Thanks in advance

Tim

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Paddybne
Level 1: Cadet

Re: foxtel from telstra - cable - heavy pixelation

Sounds like my same issue in Cannon Hill. I have foxtel IQ2 over cable with Foxtel. The other week it was pixelated but at least they posted on their site there was an outage. Tonight it's back again but no outage on their site. Mind you I tried calling and the robot said it was a 13 minute wait....
Paddybne

Forgot to mention different neighbours have also mentioned the same problem.
DrEddieAust
Level 2: Rookie

they have now acknowledged on the outage website that there is an issue - really frustrating that this is happening so frequently and supposedly fixed each time - tonight have taken video showing the exact same footage of the rugby league (at slightly differing times) on foxsports HD and SD and channel 9 HD on foxtel cable and on my TV and can clearly see unwatchable on HD, just on SD and on my TV channel 9 is perfect - the whole time my cable internet is performing as expected - hopefully this time fixed but am not holding my breath

mj1951

I have suffered heavy pixelation and loss of signal o HD channels for several months. Foxtel tech has tested the Telstra signal at the power pole and recorded a very poor reception on nearly all channels which resulted in my loss of signal F106. Telstra tech previously said it was Foxtel problem Telstra does not acknowledge a problem. If it’s not fixed permanently and soon I will cancel service. I am not going to pay for something that I am not getting.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @mj1951,

Sorry to hear about the issues you have been through with your Foxtel service I will send you a private message shortly for some further information.

- ToneB 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit