Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

sad
Level 1: Cadet
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

i wish to cancel my bigpond account

0 Kudos

Re: i wish to cancel my bigpond account

Hi sad,

I'm sorry to hear that! You can do that just by calling us on 13 22 00 and asking for cancellations. Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

its amazing  that you can do everything else online, but you cant cancel an account

Support Team
0 Kudos

We like the chance to talk to people who want to cancel. 

Sometimes for example people go to cancel their service because they don't know that they can move it to another address then they move. 

Or they don't realize cancelling means losing their number/ email address etc immediately, or they don't realize that they can be up for large early termination charges. 

So by talking to people we can ensure they have the correct information. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

0 Kudos

cancel my bigpond account
Support Team
0 Kudos

Hey ron4717,

Welcome to Crowd Support Smiley Happy

Not something that we are able to assist via this avenue sorry Smiley Sad

This can be completed on 137663 and saying 'Disconnect' from 7:30 - 23:30 Mon - Sat EST. 

0 Kudos

Re: So Dissapointed

Wow Telstra what is going on??? I'm not a big person on the net but when i have paid for a service that is supposed to deliver i'm truly shocked and now want to proceed with cancelling my contract with you under the grounds you can not deliver a proper service. I've noticed it happening for a period of time and tonigt i'm at breaking point,by the way i'm on hold now for just under1 hour at 8.52pm and the movie i wanted to watch is taking well over 1hour to download just to start and no its not HD, i've tested my line speed at under 1.5Mbps??? my other IPS was clocking at 8Mbps and whats funny is they where a Telstra Wholesaler(go figure). Seriously over the constant drop outs waiting on line which i still am presently atm, all in all i think i've held up my end of the contract telstra but you have not held up yours, i want OUT!!!!

Regards,

SDC

Seriously Dissappointed Customer

(still on hold) 

Support Team
0 Kudos

Heya WarrenJo,

It's certainly disappointing to hear of the dissatisfaction you have with your broadband service.

Have you had a chat with our Tech Team to determine what may be causing the slower speeds? Tech Team is available on 133933.

Appreciating you're wishing to cancel, to discuss this further, contact us on 132 200, quote ' Cancellation'.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Steph wrote:

We like the chance to talk to people who want to cancel. 

Sometimes for example people go to cancel their service because they don't know that they can move it to another address then they move. 

Or they don't realize cancelling means losing their number/ email address etc immediately, or they don't realize that they can be up for large early termination charges. 

So by talking to people we can ensure they have the correct information. 

Customers would like to talk toTelstra but hanging on the line for 40 minutes waiting for someone at 132200 to respond is pretty galling. When you do get through and get a 'feel good' e mail with an inoperative contact link it makes things all the more frustralting.

That is enough for me, I am out of here. After two weeks waiting I still have not got a bigpond mailbox, I am connected to a phone number that is different from that on my account. I had an NBN connection cancelled because Telstra software duplicated my order. I placed an order for an NBN bundle on 17th March and still have not got what I ordered. Telstra want to talk Steph, great they have been talking but only when I complain. I have three pages of logged conversations which really reads like a litany of errors on Telstra's part.

I now have 14 1-4 reference numbers. I do not need the stress and have better things to do with my time than wait for Telstra to fix problems of it's making.

As for losing my email address immediately that won't worry me because I am still operating off my e mail address from my previous ISP because you guys cannot supply a user name and mailbox. Fortunately I paid to keep my old e mail address open.

My second call is to FOXTEL to transfer my FOXTEL account back to them.

My third call is to my previous ISP to get NBN and phone from them.

My first call Steph ? Well that was to 132200 on Thursday 23rd April but you guys would not talk to me so after an hour I got sick of waiting and decided to take my business elsewhere.

The key word for today is Telstrated.

Support Team
0 Kudos

Hi matrix47,

I'm really sorry that you experience hasn't been a pleasant one, that's not what we want at all.

We really do need to speak with you on the phone to do any cancellations, I appreciate there is a long hold time and you have already spend a lot of time talking with us. I would like to offer to have someone call you. If you can fill in the following form  someone will contact you within 24-48 hours. http://tel.st/LeaveItWithUs

Angela 

0 Kudos

Or sometimes you just cant sort the crap out time and time again. I am fed up with Telstra, the call centres have promised to call back time and time again and they dont call you back as promised Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

The tech teams are hopless and not at all helpful !!!

0 Kudos

hi  i wish to cancel my big pond email account as i am receiving about 10 daily returned spam emails from unknown adresses. bigpond has no idea how to fix this problem.Been happening for 11 days now. B y cancelling will it effect any other services i have with telstra.  cheers

Telstra (Retired)
0 Kudos

chips22 hi there, you would need to call us on 132200 and request to disconnect the email name in question, however if this is the email address that was used to connect the service then sorry this cannot be requested. 

I would highly recommend in chatting to out tech support team on 133933 to see about blocking these emails for you. 

Thanks and let us know how you get along. 

0 Kudos

+1 They're holding us ransom.

I run through a VPN to speed things up on my laptop. The ping rates go up but the download speed improves on a speed test by ~800%. Still, my download rate is throttled at 200kbps. Not sure when this happened as it never used to be the case. Probably around the same time that Netflix arrived. Bigpond customers are being punished because Telstra cant handle the extra traffic that Netflix has brought.

0 Kudos

i am hearing you i have been experiencing extremely slow speeds for over 12 months with telstra i have phoned time and time again and all i am told is it is congestion and nothing they can do i am currently in the process of switching providers i am so fed up with download speeds of less than 100kb/s it barely loads pages up most days never again 

Telstra (Retired)
0 Kudos

Hey Chadsy,

Sorry to hear this Smiley Sad Congestion is a tricky issue unfortunately. Hopefully you have some luck with your new ISP but if there is anything else I can do let me know.

Brodie

Level 2: Rookie
0 Kudos

As others have said in this thread, this is a painful pointless waste of time calling just to cancel a service.

In the hope that Telstra will retain a customer they cause callers to first be put on hold, then routed to the Philippines, then back to Australia then you will ID yourself for the third time.  The person in the Philppines will then say "I will send you something to your mobile now" and if you say I do not want you to do this, they will do it anyway.

Then you will wait while the person at the other end of the phone in Australia inputs your required cut off date into their system.

Time taken in total from beginning to end of call, over 25 minutes and even then I told the operator I was not willing to wait for his confirmation that it has been completed.

This is something that should be able to be completed online by the user and then give them a prompt to ask them if they are just changing address and if they would like to port their service to it or to receive a call from a Telstra representitive.

A classic case of wasting the consumers time because it suits Telstra to do so.

The place I am moving to already has a connection with another provider, I was going to ask them to upgrade the plan and suggest Telstra, I wont be doing that now.

Telstra putting their business needs ahead of the consumers time and ability to do things online.

You have just lost another broadband customer for life.

0 Kudos

Telstra want the opportunity to talk to Customers and educate them before they make the wrong decision.... LOL. Perhaps you should have invested those resources into your network instead of subcontracting it to death and having no Tech Support. You really squandered that unfair advantage and goodwill. RIP