ShaddySa
Level 2: Rookie

Pixel 3 Poor Call Quality

Answered
I've had the Pixel 3 from Telstra since November now and everyone I speak to on a phone call, regardless of where I am, complains that I'm breaking up and that they cannot understand what I'm saying. It is the same problem when I use the USB C headphones included with the phone, speakerphone and the normal mic.

I've tried safe mode, factory resetting, installing all the updates but none of it fixes it.

It goes without saying that a phone that can't call is useless so I'd like to know how to either get this fixed or get a different phone asap.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Pixel 3 Poor Call Quality

Take it in to your nearest Telstra Store so that it can be sent away to be assessed and repaired.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Accepted Solution

Take it in to your nearest Telstra Store so that it can be sent away to be assessed and repaired.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Hally_83
Level 1: Cadet

was there an outcome to this? Was it a hardware issue? I am experiencing the exact same issue on my Pixel 3...

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Hally_83. 

If you are having these issues with your phone, please get in contact with our mobile faults team. You can contact them on 132200 & say "Mobile Phone Fault" or you can or you can live chat here https://tel.st/ps32u.

They will go through some troubleshooting and then we can then asses if it needs to be sent away for warranty repair/replacement. 

Let us know how you go. 

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Hally_83

I already have. The phone call with the customer support member was so bad with the Pixel 3 she needed to call me on a alternate line. We conducted troubleshooting and they said to send it in to a local telstra store as above. If it gets sent away do you get a replacement phone?
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks Hally_83. 

You will need to ask your local store when you go to and arrange to have it sent away. As long as they have an available loan phone, they can provide one for you while your phone is sent to our national repair centre. 

Regards - Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Bigred64

I have this problem only when using the google supplied earphones. I trouble shot this with google support and could not replicate the issue!! It seems intermittent!!!
steveharis
Level 2: Rookie

There is a major Call Quality issue going around on the Pixel 3 phone that Google is not responding to SEO expert. This issue is impacting users from Canada, the US, Australia, a number of European countries.

Google Pixel 3

Google Pixel 3.

Find out more