Highlighted
gedman
Level 1: Cadet

Setup of sonoff wifi switch

I have a google home system in which i am trying to setup a sonoff switch.

I am using the EWeLink app on my iPhone to pair the device to my bigpond CG3100D cable modem. The app will find the device but times out and fails to pair every time.I have tried this setup on my Optus modem at work and it pairs easily without fail.I can only presume that something in the wifi settings or modem is blocking the initialization.

Can you suggest a remedy please, I am at my wits end.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Setup of sonoff wifi switch

Turn off the 5GHz wifi network in your modem and see if that helps.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
gedman

The CG3100 doesn't have a 5Ghz WiFi option.

After you paired it to the Optus modem, did you delete it from your account before trying to re pair it at home?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
gedman

Yes, i have paired and deleted the instal many times.
It should be noted to that the optus Huawei modem is 2.4 and 5 GHz and the sonoff paired without turning off 5GHz. I have also tried locking channels to no avail.
Support Team
Support Team

While our standard Tech teams aren't able to provide support for additional devices beyond the hardware provided by Telstra, our Platinum support teams (http://tel.st/5e37p) may be able to assist further. They offer a 'no-fix, no-fee' guarantee for their services.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more