CrowdSupport®
shooter-123
Level 3: Gumshoe

Smart switch turning on with motion from Indoor camera even though there is no automation set?

Hi, 

So I got the Telstra Smart home last night and so far so good. 

I have an interesting problem though that when one of my internal camera detections motion, it turns on my Smart switch which has a light connected to it.   The issue is that I have no automation both on my phone within the app or when I login online. 

Tried power cycle of all devices and even reset of the Hub but get the same issue. 

I did setup an automation last night just for testing in which I had the light to turn on when motion was detected after Sunset which does not expire, but now I am not able to find it to turn it off. 

Any ideas? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Smart switch turning on with motion from Indoor camera even though there is no automation set?

It's no longer appearing in automations in the mobile app?

Also check to see if it appears in the subscriber portal. To get there go to: http://smarthome.telstra.com/portal

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Smart switch turning on with motion from Indoor camera even though there is no automation set?

Hi, @shooter-123,

Is this still happening?

Can you please power cycle your hub and test again.

If its still happening one of our Tech Experts can help.

Regards,
Nathan
shooter-123

Hi Guys, 

Just to close this loop. 

Spent a few hours on the phone with support this morning - somehow I managed to have two automations that they can could see from their end, but I was not able to see them from the iPhone app or the website. 

Ended up doing a reset from Telstra end and configuring again which led to a few other issues with the Hub on the Wifi network, and a faulty Smart plug which is being replaced.  Smart plug appeared to be on the Wifi, but could not pick it up through the app, or perform a factory reset using the 4 seconds on pair and then plug in and keep the pair down for 4 seconds. 

Apart from that I have the camera's back online and the two door switches, and waiting for the replacement smart plug to arrive tommorrow and should be back in business. 

Big shout out to guys from Premium support this morning! Love you work!

shooter-123

Ok so after the reset and setting up everything again would you believe I have the same problem again?
This time whenever I open the front door my smart plug turns on...
no automation showing in the app or online
Power cycle the smart home
Drop the smart plug and re-pair it - same issues?
Anyone have any ideas?
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @shooter-123,

Can you please confirm you're still having the porblem?

If You are please send me a PM with your account information and I'll escalate it. 

Regads, 

Nathan 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more