CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
George30
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Smart Home Camera Installation Issue

Can I connect the indoor camera and the smart power plug to a different wifi system to what it was originally purchased with?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra Smart Home Camera Installation Issue

Are you referring to another modem/router, or another Smart Home Hub?

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
George30
Level 1: Cadet

another telstra modem/router-gateway max

The smart plug connects directly to the hub, so that should be fine provided the hub has internet access. For the camera to work, both the hub and the camera will need to be connected in to the new modem

To connect the hub to a new modem, when it has the hub offline message in the app, click on it and it will attempt to re-pair (it will give you instructions in the app). If that doesn't work, you will need to contact Smart Home Faults (via 13 22 00) so they can set the account back to 'ready to activate' (no data is lost) which will allow the hub to be factory reset and paired into the new modem

With the camera, it will also need to be factory reset (hold the button on the back for approx 12 seconds) and connected to the new modem via the WPS (like during the initial setup). It may not have to be removed/re-added in the app. After pairing it to the modem, reboot the hub (unplug and plug it back in) and then check if you can get a camera image after it has fired back up. If not, remove and re-add the camera in the app
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more