CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Smart home still unavailable 27/10/19

Answered

How long does this service have to be unavailable before refunds/credits apply. It hasn't been working for more than a day, now, and can't get any help from Telstra tech support on the phone. They don't seem to know what it is. Telstra, please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Smart home still unavailable 27/10/19

Having the same issue myself. 
It’s beyond a joke that Telstra staff don’t even know what it is!

Been through to 4 different departments already and still no joy... getting pretty sick and tired of the poor excuse of support that Smart Home has. 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Having the same issue myself. 
It’s beyond a joke that Telstra staff don’t even know what it is!

Been through to 4 different departments already and still no joy... getting pretty sick and tired of the poor excuse of support that Smart Home has. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Trigga,

I am sorry for the issues you have had with this Telstra Smart Home service and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused Smiley Sad As there has been a delay in this reply being posted I would like to confirm if this was continuing to have issues or if it was working again? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Dan,

Still having issues with the service, this is now day 4 off no service. 
Please can you look into what is happening, and provide an update ASAP. 
Thanjs

Highlighted

Hi Dan, 

It seemed to be OK yesterday, but now this morning, it's back off-line, with error messages asking me to wait or call 13 22 00 and say "smart home support". As a Telstra team member, I strongly encourage you to find an external phone, and actually call that number and say "smart home support", and see how you go. I've yet to find any help using this method, but then again, I've only tried about 5-6 times and wasted 1/2 hr on it - I think others have been more persistent than I.

This service is now becoming farcical !

Highlighted

Hi Trigga,

My experience lead me to calling Telstra Platinum, even though advisor say it costs us to use Platinum if you’re not a Platinum member, these are the only guys fully trained with Smart Home, and the people who advised me of the issues yesterday. 
Try calling 137587, you should get the support needed. 

Highlighted

Thanks Tom - much appreciated. 

I note that it's back offline again - I'm now looking for alternate systems with better reliability. This is still not stable, (or Telstra aren't taking it seriously).

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi All, 

Our Network team have advised that there was an issue with Telstra Smart Home in the early hours of this morning, which has since been resolved. 

Are you still experiencing any issues? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more