CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Hanger
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra smart home

Answered
How do I change my status, i.e. Home or away?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra smart home

Hey Hanger,

More information on having the modes for the Telstra Smart Home changed can be located at

https://tel.st/qfgc9

Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hey Hanger,

More information on having the modes for the Telstra Smart Home changed can be located at

https://tel.st/qfgc9

Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

MisterQ
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Bear in mind that publishing that you are away is advertising to burglars that there is no one home (just like the people on facebook, who are friends with "the world" and post selfies of themselves boarding a plane....
Old IT/Comms curmudgeon - did tech support for Alcatel System 12 Exchanges in my day - designed a bunch of stuff for Optus.
Level 21: Augmented

I have always been against "away" messages on e-mails, suddenly locked gates in front of the houses, drawn curtains etc etc… But really worst offenders are Facebook and other social medial posts... I have seen people posting their boarding passes (https://krebsonsecurity.com/tag/boarding-pass-hacking/ and I have demonstrated that at major academic conference) and even passports... These people were seriously asking for it...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

The mode of the system only appears in the smart home app itself.

If someone has you Telstra ID credentials and the app, or someone has a device of yours that has the app installed and it's set to auto login so anyone can bring it up and see the mode the smart home is in, you have bigger problems than just what mode the system is set to
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now