Highlighted
Mudgie
Level 2: Rookie

Video Storage for Smart Home

Can I store additional video somewhere above the 30 x videos? That is Cloud or a external storage device.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Video Storage for Smart Home

At this stage no. It is a feature that is being worked on.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Mudgie

OK thank you any ETA of when it maybe available? The reason I asked is that I just purchased another outdoor camera and realised we will exceed the 30 x videos per day capacity quite easily now even on low sensitivity setting.

I'm not aware of the ETA sorry, I'm hoping soon as I would like it for my own smart home setup. You may want to change some cameras to taking videos to taking pictures in the mean time. From memory it takes about 5 images over a span of 15 seconds.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

MartiTelstra

Hi Mudgie,

As of yesterday we upped our video storage from 30 to 100 videos per day! You should see your new quota now in your app (Settings-Me-My Usage). This change took effect for all users with cameras, overnight.

We've made improvements to motion detection in the outdoor camera and are planning for more- in the meantime though, if you find you're getting videos that you don't find useful, we recommend that you position your camera field of view away from shadows and moving trees if possible.

Last- if you want to save videos to local storage (either mobile or PC) you can do so, but this doesn't up or change your quota.

Cheers
Marti

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now