Highlighted
MartiTelstra
Level 2: Rookie

Why can’t I log into my Telstra Smart Home?

To use Telstra Smart Home, you’ll need to have purchased a Smart Home Cloud and Service Plan (that comes with every Telstra Smart Home Kit). If you’d like to see what Telstra Smart Home can do and haven’t purchased yet, you can do so by choosing ‘Take a Tour’ from the login page on the Telstra Smart Home app.

1. If it’s your first time logging in, you need a Telstra ID to access the Smart Home app and web portal. If you are new to Telstra, you can set one up here. Once registered, you’ll need to ensure Smart Home is associated to your new Telstra ID; you can do this by calling 13 22 00 and saying ‘smart home support’ or by heading into your nearest Telstra retail store.
  2. It’s important to use the Telstra ID that is associated with your Telstra Smart Home service. To check this, either go to the 24x7 app or to My Account. Log in with your Telstra ID username and password. Ensure that ‘Telstra Smart Home’ shows up under your My Account details. If it does not, then please call our tech experts at 13 22 00 to get sorted.

Note: Only the Legal Lessee and Full Authority contacts can access Telstra Smart Home; those with Limited Authority and below will not be able to log into Smart Home.

image.png3. Ensure you have internet connectivity. If you are in an area with either poor Wi-Fi or mobile coverage, try swapping between the two and then log in again. 

4. Try using the web portal from your PC: https://smarthome.telstra.com/portal 

5. Uninstall and reinstall the app. This will clear any stored data that may be causing an issue. Then, try logging in again. 

If you’re still having issues, please call 13 22 00 and say ‘smart home support’ so our tech experts can get you sorted.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more