girish
Level 2: Rookie

onfigure ip camera hikvision with Telstra smart modem

HI 

I was with optus NBN but moved to Telstra.Telstra tech support is not helping me to configure my IP Camera.

Pls can any one help me to configure.

Cheers

Giri

Question : how to configure ip camera hikvision with Telstra smart modem

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: onfigure ip camera hikvision with Telstra smart modem

Your the third person in the past three weeks to post a problem setting up the hikvision security system. Have you reset the NVR?

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Broadband/CCTV-remote-access-problem/m-p/790036

girish

how to rest the NVR?
girish

Hi,

I need to do the port forwarding, can you pls provide the steps.

Cheers
Girish

What modem do you have? If its a Technicolor the GUI interface is same as in the document linked in this post. See section 9 of the document for port forwarding instructions.

f you have the Arcadyan modem the port forwarding is located at Advanced > Firewall > Port forwarding.

The log in ID for Smart Modems Gen 2 is either admin/telstra or admin/Telstra

girish

Hi

I am using Arcadyan modem. I understand that the port forwarding is located at Advanced but the problem is when i enter the details as per below

a) select radio button IP CAM
b) Entered the details Protocal - TCP , WAN Port - 8120 LAN port 80 Destination IP - 192.168.0.156(IP address of Cam1) & click save
c) IPV6 configuration - Protocal - TCP , Private IP address - 192.168.0.156 Port Range Start - 18006 Port Range End - 18006 & click Save the following error message is displyed invalid ip address

Leave the Ipv6 address blank and just fill in the IPv4 address. When using IPv6 you need to enter the IPv6 address of the camera which looks like this  fe80::54b5:3025:354c:aa9c%7. Enter all the ports using IPv4 address.

girish

HI ,

I am using IPv6 and entered all the details but still, I can't see the camera. Do we need to configure static IP address which Telstra has provided? If so where I can enter the static IP address

Cheers
Girish

What model camera are you trying to set up?

If you have a static public IP address you will need to set it up in the software used to view the camera remotely.

To set a static LAN IP address for the camera go to Advanced > Local network > Local Network > Static Leases.

girish

What model camera are you trying to set up? Hikvison (Bullet Mode & Dome (DS-2DF7286-A))
If you have a static public IP address you will need to set it up in the software used to view the camera remotely. Yes I did but the still not able to view the video
To set a static LAN IP address for the camera go to Advanced > Local network > Local Network > Static Leases. I did
Host Mac Address IP Addreess
Alfresco C0:56:E3:77Smiley Very HappyC:2A 192.168.0.156

From the manuals https://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2013082611110299361.pdf the following ports are used by the camera 80, 554, 443 and 8000. If I was setting up port forwarding I would use those ports and set the protocol to Both instead of TCP. Use same WAN and LAN port.

Are able to access the camera's WEB interface from a device on local network at 192.168.0.156?
girish

Are able to access the camera's WEB interface from a device on local network at 192.168.0.156? Yes

Have you tried checking to see if the ports are open at canyouseeme?
girish

No!... Can you let me know the menu to see the ports are open?

To check if ports are open open canyouseeme.org in a web browser, enter the port number of one of the WAN ports that has been port forwarded and click on check port. If port is closed there will be red error message. A port that is open will Be indicated by a green success message.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more