Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
ooPANoo
Level 2: Rookie

Re: 100% Packet loss on Xbox One

If I power off the modem for 15mins and then power it back up will it likely pull down the new firmware. I have an LH1000 running 0.05.04r and a 6ft 1" grumpy teenage son that can not play Call Of Duty.
Jo1301

This does not explain why a completely different modem fixes the 100% packet loss issue. It is clearly an issue with the Arcadyan modem.

Jo1301

This does not explain why a completely different modem fixes the 100% packet loss issue. It is clearly an issue with the Arcadyan modem.

Level 24: Supreme Being

A power cycle is unlikely to pull down the new but there is no harm in trying. You could also try a factory reset. The F@st5355 gateways sometimes refused to install firmware updates until the gateway was factory reset.

ooPANoo

My son has two friends with the exact same problem. Xbox network test reports 100% packet loss. So that is nothing to do with COD servers. He is lucky some games still work. Problem sounds exactly like above so want to know how I can force the firmware update.
ooPANoo

It is the same problem as above
Level 22: Superhuman

The firmware update can't be forced by consumers. Its a matter of waiting for your modem to receive the new firmware.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat Here, try the Online Troubleshooter or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure:
nbnisgrate
Level 1: Cadet

I must have gotten the firmwear update about a month ago haven't had an issue since
Tang1

I have the LH1000 model.....hoping this firmware update fixes the Xbox problem.....and that my update is coming soon
Tang1

It’s defanitely the modem. Switched to Telstra. Got a new modem. And Xbox has had 100% packet loss since the switch over. Never had a problem with old modem on xbox
Samantha37

I've just gone from cable internet to NBN and now have the same useless router, the Arcadyan. I also have 100% packet loss on our xbox ones. When will the update come? I understand I have 30 days to back out of Telstra NBN if it doesn't work properly. This is unacceptable in my opinion, to go from a good working router to the Arcadyan with all the issues it is having and Telstra still selling this junk without letting us know that it will ruin your xbox live experience.
JohnnyDubz
Level 3: Gumshoe

Samantha37 I feel your pain.

Return it and tell them you want a Technicolor Gen 2 modem. 

It works with XBOX Live out of the box.

Telstra should have published a note about this problem months ago. And of course they should have fixed it too....

I got a replacement Technicolor and have never looked back.

The Arcadyan GUI was slow, it felt like it wasn't really ready to be released - more like a beta.

No regrets with the Technicolor.

Samantha37

I just got off live chat to them and they forced the new update and I now have 0% packet loss on xbox one. So I guess it is fixed... it does pay to get in contact with them via live chat and send them a link to this thread, as that is what I did to make them fully aware of the issue
Tang1

Wow. I’m on live chat now. Hopefully I get the same outcome as you. My 11 year old will be over the moon if it gets sorted. Everything else in the house works brilliantly. And overall we love having made the switch to Telstra
Tang1

Should of known. No luck from Telstra

Here is my chat response

As your services are working fine in all the devices we are sorry to inform you that as we are from technical team we do not deal with this issues however we have a dedicated Platinum tech support will be able to assist you. This is a paid support; Shall I go ahead and connect you with them?
Samantha37

That's not good enough. Try another chat. Tell them about this thread and exactly what the problem is, and you either want the update forced today or a different free modem. Don't let them tell you otherwise. I was very firm, but polite and said if it isn't resolved I will put in a complaint. 

River-Bank

This is joke. I also have this issue with the 100% packet loss on Xbox One. Details are:

Gateway Make Model: Arcadyan LH1000
Firmware Number: 0.05.04r

Everything works fine except with the Xbox One. Evidently I'm not alone. I tried customer support, referenced multiple threads on the issue and even Platinum were unable to help. Telstra also refusd to accept that there are 2 different variants of the Smart GEN 2 (Technicolour and Arcadyan).

Is there any update on when I might receive the latest Firmware?
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@River-Bank Can you restart your modem and check the firmware version again about half an hour after it restarts and let us know if it updates automatically for you?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

River-Bank

Yes I will do.

As of yesterday, the new firmware should now be automatically deployed when the modem reboots.

Manually reboot you modem and give it some time to update
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Tang1

Yay. When I get hone from work I’ll ask 11 year old how thrxbix is playing.....if still not good I’ll check the firmware number....and if still the wrong firmware I’ll turn the modem off and put it back on. Fingers crossed
River-Bank

I restarted the modem via the Gateway URL and its still the same firmware.  I have rebooted it again but will give it until tomorrow.  Now that I have confirmation that updated firmware is out, I'm feeling a lot more comfortable.  I'll send an update tomorrow or sooner if the update occurs beforehand.  Thank you for everyone's help.

River-Bank

Good News: I did what Shellock said and it finally updated. I have checked my Xbox and the 100% packet loss has now been completely reduced to 0%. I am now also able to log into the Xbox One's 360 emulator when playing backwards compatible games etc.  It all works fine now.  Yay!

I can confirm the following for anyone reading this:

Gateway Make Model: Arcadyan LH1000
Old Firmware Number: 0.05.04r
New Firmware Number: 0.06.07r (this one works correctly with Xbox One)

I manually restarted the router via the the gateway's user interface at web address http://192.168.0.1. Before logging in, this page also shows your modem's model number and firmware version. To log in, the default Username/password are ......admin/Telstra. You can change these of course.

'Go To Advanced'..........'Management'.........'System Reset' tab.......'Restart Device'.

Eventually after about an hour, the modem updated itself. I did actually restart it again within that period just to be sure. You'll know its updating because the green light on the modem will start flashing white .....then go orange.......and eventually back to green. I think I also lost internet connection during this update.

Thank you Shellock and Yastiandrie. I should've just posted here to begin with instead of spending hours with the online chat feature. Your assistance has been much appreciated.

AngryDad24_7

I have the same problem. Telstra script readers tell me its not a modem problem.... I'm trying the 'forced' Firmware upgrade trick now.
River-Bank

It's definitely the modem. When this was happening to me - before the firmware update - I connected to Xbox Live via a wifi hotspot rom my phone. As soon as I did this, the packet loss reduced to 0%. I found this a quick way to check. I would have simply used my old modem to test but it was packed away during a recent move. Others on this forum however have reported luck (prior to the firmware update) by using their original modem.

Hopefully the update works out for you.
halojump

I had exactly the same issue, swapped to NBN HFC from Telstra Cable and changed over from a Netgear Router and Telstra Cable Gateway to the NBN Cable Gateway and Telstra Smart Modem™ Gen 2.

- I only found out the issue with XBox on the weekend - 5 days into the new service.
- Rang Telstra and spent over an hour on the phone with a guy from Telstra Platinum who didn't understand my issue. He kept asking what games I play and hadn't heard of XBox Live. His english was pretty bad so in the end I gave up. He wanted to charge me $90 initially but it would be conditional on him getting it working.
- I had a previous generation modem (Technicolor DJA0230TLS FW 17.2.0320-820-RA) that I had never used - so I set that up and it all works fine. I am getting 90+Mb/s downloads and 30+Mb/s uploads and it all works great. I'll keep this modem as it allows me to put an external 4G antenna in as I am in outback Brisbane and am in a blackspot.
- I haven't done any port forwarding & I have two fully functional Xbox One X devices running simultaneously.

So conclusion, it's the modem Telstra..... fix it.
NM6

Is anyone still having issues with this problem?  I have spent all day on live chat, NBN technical support and Platinum.  None of them appear to have any idea what they are doing.  I have explained the issue, linked all of the thread, explained that the current firmware 0.05.04r needs to be upgraded to 0.06.07r, restarted the modem 3 times, reset the modem and still no resolution.  I don't know where to go from here.  Everyone I have dealt with at Telstra has no idea.  It is definitely a modem issue as I can hotspot off my phone and not have any issues. I don't know where to go from here.  Do I just go to the ombudsman??

The ability to force the firmware update by rebooting the modem was discontinued over the weekend. You will have to wait until it is your modems turn to receive the update. Your first step is lodge a complaint with Telstra by calling 132200 and when asked for reason of call say complaint or using the online complaints form. If complaint not successful contact TIO https://www.tio.com.au/consumers 1800 062 058

halojump

I'd see if you can get a Technicolor modem off them. I suppose you could also try eBay for one.
Highlighted
NM6

Thanks for that. I have logged a complaint now.
ooPANoo

Also logged a complaint. Just tell us how to download the firmware and update out modems for goodness sake
richlong

I have the same issue and it is impacting my home security as well as xbox one. How do I get this firmware update to my modem? Telstra help and Platinum Help unable to assist.

The firmware is due for a mass roll-out soon. At this stage its just a matter of waiting.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat Here, try the Online Troubleshooter or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure:
BigBruce1972

What a complete joke Telstra is.

This Gen2 modem was supposed to reduce support calls.

The Arcadian is a piece of garbage that wasnt tested properly before it was released. 

Telstra have their head in the sand and denying there is an issue at all.

Honestly Telstra who is running your technical support area for NBN?

They should be sacked.

The answer is:

a) acknowledge the problem in a blog post or web page or whatever

b) provide a link to download the revised firmware or instructions on how to force a firmware update

This isnt rocket science. 

Problem first raised 3 months ago, still not fixed. 

Seriously moronic effort from Telstra. 

And they have the gall to ask you to pay for Premium Support to fix a problem they created!!

ooPANoo

The roll out is always due tomorrow then, as tomorrow never comes.
How hard is it to provide details of the known defects and their status and what we can expect in the next firmware update.
- Issue X Resolved pending roll out of firmware version 6.6.6 or
- Issue Y is a candidate for 6.6.6 but still finalizing testing
- Issue Z not a snow balls chance in hell of making firmware release 6.6.6 because the fix caused more errors than the original problem so the software boys are going back to the drawing board on that one and we have pulled the changes from the build of that firmware release
Then tell us what is holding up the release of the firmware. Soon means absolutely nothing ...
Level 21: Augmented

@BigBruce1972 wrote:

This isnt rocket science. 

Well, it is not rocket science, but it is not as simple as you might think... I used to work on firmware development (for something significantly more important and complex than modem/routers) and I know it is not easy... I am currently involved in software development project... 

To be honest, it is a known fact, that fixing one bug, usually creates at least two new ones... Just kidding... NOT!

Anyway... I am sure those poor, underpaid software developers in unnamed country are doing their best...

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

Firmware started its normal general deployment cycle on Sunday night/ Monday morning. It starts off at 5k a night for the first few nights then ramps up

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
JAFO_

Sorry Iain, but you are just plain WRONG in this assertion.
It's typical tech-support BS to blame anyone else for the problem instead of taking ownership of it.

How do I know you're wrong? Because I've been helping a mate try to solve this issue for weeks. I'm a qualified hardware tech and network engineer, and I EASILY proved the modem is at fault.

With the Arcadyan Smart Modem Gen 2 TL1000, 100% packet loss for COD on Xbox.
Change back to the Telstra Frontier Gateway modem, 0% packet loss, and COD plays just fine.

So how can that be down to the COD servers? It's very clearly the Arcadyan modem that's at fault. As the newly released firmware upgrade (that my mate is still waiting on) has proven.

Also, this same modem bug causes massive packet loss on Telstra TV, to the point it's unwatchable. Changing back to the Frontier modem completely fixes the problem.

So maybe in future, stop being in such a hurry to pass the blame onto third parties, and actually try investigating the problem? Assuming, of course, that you're actually qualified to do so.. far too many so-called "tech-support" people have very little real IT skills, and just read off scripts on-screen in front of them.. are you one of them?

NM6

New firmware got pushed out to my modem over the weekend. No more packet loss problem.
JAFO_

Thanks.. yes, I saw that. My friend is still waiting for his.. I'm talking with him now.. he's going to check tonight when he gets home from work.
ooPANoo

Still got the old firmware here. Far out how do we get this to deploy

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more