LordPaul
Level 1: Cadet

100% Packet loss on Xbox One

Just moved from a HFC connection to a FTTN connection, and after waiting for a month to finally get a tech out to hook up the FTTN I am now getting 100% packet loss on the two xboxes in the house. Have hard reset both consoles and the router.

Tried both wired and wireless connections without resolving the issue. The PS4 and all other devices (PC, tablets, etc) in the house are able to browse and stream without issue.

Any advice

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: 100% Packet loss on Xbox One

Do you have 100% packet loss to the modem or to say an external ip such at 8.8.8.8
Although I am a Telstra Employee, I am not here in an official capacity. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.
LordPaul

The packet loss is from the Xbox out to the servers (part of its multiplayer test)...

Are you still able to browse on edge or download a free game - as if they are working there data is reaching xbox servers out severs out on the internet and there can't be 100% packet loss and the test being run could be faulty
Although I am a Telstra Employee, I am not here in an official capacity. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.
LordPaul

Looks to be an issue with the Arcadyan Gen 2 smart modem.

Plugged in the Technicolor smart modem and everything is working perfectly. Luckily Telstra mistakenly sent me two modems

Jo1301
Level 2: Rookie

This is interesting given I have also recently moved from FTTP to FTTN and my Xbox One now gets 100% packet lost on gaming tests as well! I have an Arcadyan LH1000 supplied by Telstra (Gen 2 Smart Modem 0.05.04r firmware version), but not fortunate enough to have another one to test with Smiley Happy have also been unable to sign in to Xbox Live in the Xbox 360 emulator, but network tests state all good.

Hoping someone from Telstra can advise if there is a known issue with the modem and Xbox Live connectivity?

From my understanding its a portforwarding issue, once the right ports are opened it should work.
Jo1301

Tried port forwarding, DMZ, disabling UPnP, disabling IPv6 (not all of these at once), all with no luck. Have spent many hours on this issue, only thing I haven't tried is another modem. No issues with any other network device, and the Xbox One reports that the internet connection is working fine (which I can confirm). Affected on wired and wifi, will try tethering to my mobile tonight to see if it definitely the modem.

Jo1301

I tethered my Xbox One to my Telstra iPhone and instant connection to Xbox 360 emulator Live account! While I am happy about that, curious to know what it is about the Arcadyan SMart Modem setup that stops the traffic???

Jo1301

And just as a point of interest, plugged the modem back in and immediately disconnected from Xbox 360 Live!

Tang1

We are having exactly the same problem here - with exactly the same modem - with exactly the same gaming console - Xbox ONE.  Everything else else is running smoothly - Foxtel Now, wifi through iphones and Samsung phones, and mac books, and ipads and smart tvs and the PS4

Any ideas??

My 11 year old is driving me crazy

Tang1

We are having exactly the same problem here - with exactly the same modem - with exactly the same gaming console - Xbox ONE.  Everything else else is running smoothly - Foxtel Now, wifi through iphones and Samsung phones, and mac books, and ipads and smart tvs and the PS4

Any ideas??

My 11 year old is driving me crazy

ClintC

Same here with the new gen 2 modem, scratching my head all night

100% packer loss on the Xbox

Dmz’d

Port forwarded

Still no luck

Gen 1 smart modem died after 3 days. Back to the Technicolor it is

When will there be an update on this issue
Technical Support
Technical Support

Have you taken a look at the suggestions in these other threads?

https://tel.st/wmqk6

https://tel.st/q5mmz

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more