CrowdSupport®
FoMM
Level 1: Cadet

100% package lost for some website

I notice I can't go to some website recently.

At first I thought it was a website issue, then I realised it might be related to my home CableDSL because I could go to the site in my office.

So I did some testing on some of the sites and here are the ping test of two servers:

ping 118.89.103.211

Pinging 118.89.103.211 with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

ping 157.255.26.18

Pinging 157.255.26.18 with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 157.255.26.18:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

I can connect to both servers by using my mobile phone data and I did reboot my router and the problem persist.

I contacted your TECHNICAL team over the phone and chat, they don't even understand what PING does. One person asked me to restart my browser, clear my browser cache or reboot my router and the other TECHNICAL person said he did not have access to check and he needed pass it to some other team to check and get back to me. Do you think there really will be someone contacting me? I am not that optimistic. 

Can anyone please take a look and tell me what went wrong?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: 100% package lost for some website

Some servers wont respond to pings and ping issues aren't supported by Bigpond assurance. If there is a fault on Telstra's core network where a server/router is dropping packets its something the networks team will identify and resolve.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: 100% package lost for some website

Suggest you install the ping plotter tool on your PC this tool should indicate where in the network the connection is failing.

https://www.pingplotter.com/

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now