FelixOskar
Level 1: Cadet

4G Backup Sim

Answered
My Fixed Wireless Broadbank had been down for 4 days now. Not going into the poor communication from tech assist, blaming NBN then twice cancelling the NBN tech with problem persisting and being told to be patient. I'm supposed to have 4G backup however it is at dial up
Speed. Last communication I'm told it is slowed down the longer I use it? Is this true? I'm pretty sure it's an excuse not to look into the issue, One of the reasons I went to Telstra was because of this but it's useless. Can someone confirm if it is slowed down if NBN is down fot a few days? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: 4G Backup Sim

The 4G backup is slowed down after usage exceeds a certain amount if a fault hasn't been raised or is active. If the service has been shaped, you can call Support on 1800 834 273 and they can submit a web form to unshape it.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

The 4G backup is slowed down after usage exceeds a certain amount if a fault hasn't been raised or is active. If the service has been shaped, you can call Support on 1800 834 273 and they can submit a web form to unshape it.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

FelixOskar
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you. I've tried that and no one claims to know about this form and keep saying it is simply not possible. Would raising my voice maybe get a better response? As it is not my fault NBN is down, do you have anyone else to contact requesting this? Nothing mentioned about throttling anywhere in the contract so very deceptive of Telstra to be doing this and staff dodging the question. Thanks again though for your assistance.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi FelixOskar, 

There is a fair use policy for the 4G backup and the service will be slowed after a large amount of usage has been used. Be best to contact the number provided again and ask if you can be unshaped sorry. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more