Melanie35
Level 1: Cadet

8 day expected outage

I just found a notice to say my nbn internet will be restored on the 20th August, 8 days away. Is this for real?! Has anyone else received this message on nbn outages site? I have a new Smart modem that is meant to help but I have no telstra mobile strength. Hence I use optus for my mobile. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: 8 day expected outage

The restoration time depends on the repairs that NBN Co are undertaking. If they are waiting on materials, equipment or an available crew, then that could lead to extended restoration estimates. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
super11
Level 5: Eagle Eye

If you ever have an outage check this website https://outages.telstra.com 

Mmm...hot dounut and pineapple
Highlighted
mr1711
Level 1: Cadet

Hi, yes I have just read the same message. Have turned off and turned modem back on as this has helped before but not today.

Support Team
Support Team

Is this ongoing? What does the outages page -  https://tel.st/upec9 - say about your address? - Matthew. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now