CrowdSupport®
BrettP
Level 1: Cadet

ADSL Modem Power Supply Failure

The ADSL modem I have is a Telstra Gateway Max. The specs on the power supply state Input of 100 - 240V (50/60Hz) and output of 12v and 2.8amps

It’s an AcBel Model WAC011

Does anybody know where I can get a replacement?

Thankyou

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: ADSL Modem Power Supply Failure

http://www.acbel.com/eng/Product.aspx?id=32
Acbel is in Taiwan.
I don't think you'll get one apart from the distributor of your modem.
I'd be pretty sure Telstra's repair service carries them.
Jaycar Electronics have a large / massive range of similar specked replacements.
I'm confident you'll find something if you ring around a few Jaycar stores or their Head Office phone sales. Hope that helps.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles "you" to be an expert at everything!!"
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

It would probably be cheaper to get a new modem. I have seen Telstra Gateway's in cash converters for less than $10. Even the new Telstra Smart modem with 4G backup including accessories for $4 (Elizabeth Cash Converters SA).

If the modem is less than a year old you should be able to get it replaced under warranty by ringing support.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi BrettP, 

How long have you had the modem for? Have you had the chance to speak to our Tech Support team? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now