Ozthrux
Level 2: Rookie

ADSL at Mt Colah not working since 2:30 Friday morning

Have tested line and got tech desk. Keep getting new fix date. Now nearly 3 days and now they are saying won't be fixed until 16th. Really bad support.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Ozthrux

Re: ADSL at Mt Colah not working since 2:30 Friday morning

Told to use my phone as access point and use mobile data as an interim solution. Doesnt help other users in the house if I go out and take my phone with me. I know other users in Mt Colah also impacted.

Ozthrux

Support guy says problem is in the Telstra network with the ISLAM server for Mt Kuringai. Wont be fixed until at least 16th but no guarantees......I sit in hope.

Sunshine1a

I did a search on the Telstra website for outages but it said there wasn’t any and when you call the tech desk you’re told there is. They couldn’t say what the problem was or how long to fix, which is very frustrating. 2days later I’m still waiting for the text they said would be sent with a callback activation link. Nor can we access our Foxtel On Demand. Do you think we’ll get a credit on our account for service not provided? 

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Once the outage is resolved, you can speak to Billing on 132200 and request compensation (which is normally a prorata amount of your monthly charge).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Sunshine1a

Well it did come back on, on the 16th which was good. Further to the credit I was wondering about yes I received one. Some pluses and minus with this problem.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update. Is this resolved now, or are there still some elements we need to address? - Matthew. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Sunshine1a

Monday 22 July 8:30am and we have another outage with no fix date.

Support Team
Support Team

definitely frustrating Sunshine1a, apologies again. I suggest keeping an eye on https://tel.st/zduk6 as it will be updated as new information becomes available.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Crab147
Level 1: Cadet

Yes outage started at midnight mount colah.  Checked for service outages online and advised none. Rang support and found out issue was known and expected to be fixed by 10am tomorrow.  Now services outages page is advising of the outage and ETA for resolution. Twice in one week.  The last one was 5 days but was estimated to be fixed in 1 day too.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now