Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos

ADSL congestion issues

Spoiler

Hi guys,

I have had 3 technicians visit my house and check the lines this my internet and have found that there is some junk on the line. Now they went to the exchange and found that it is congested and will be creating more space in the exchange. Would this improve my internet speed at all? Right now I am on 300KB/s download and 50KB/s upload. This sucks as a gamer and I would like to know if they were to create more space in the exchange if it would have any effect on my internet speeds?

Thanks,

Curtis

Crowd Knight
0 Kudos

Re: ADSL congestion issues

Possibly, until the next lot of folks connect to the exchange and flog it to death with streaming ect. I certainly wouldn't hold your breath for a significant change.

Cheers,
Dave

Note. Although it appears, this is not a main stream support forum (Althought it's made out to be)!! It's a conglomerate of both fellow consumers/customers and Telstra employees helping you out (for free)!

With the discontinuation of Mobile Foxtel any extra devices I had connected are now with a cheaper competitor as there's no point paying more coin for less as Mobil Foxtel was the only thing holding them. Telstra certainly seems to be really giving it hard to the little people! Ouch!! Just another poor decision!
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by "the next lot of folks"?

Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos

Because they could even install a sub-exchange couldnt they, in my area? Becuase I have had infrastructure that hasnt been updated for 15 years and my parents run a business here and with our speeds its terrible...

Crowd Knight

If in fact telstra reduces the congestion at the exchange would I turn think that they would install more ports for customers to leech off.

Cheers,
Dave

Note. Although it appears, this is not a main stream support forum (Althought it's made out to be)!! It's a conglomerate of both fellow consumers/customers and Telstra employees helping you out (for free)!

With the discontinuation of Mobile Foxtel any extra devices I had connected are now with a cheaper competitor as there's no point paying more coin for less as Mobil Foxtel was the only thing holding them. Telstra certainly seems to be really giving it hard to the little people! Ouch!! Just another poor decision!
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you saying that if they fix the exchange congestion that they will install more ports for me to leech off? Also would living 5KM from the exchange have any problem with my speeds?

Crowd Knight
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Telstra would not upgrade the exchange for only you and its one port to each customer/line. At 5km I'm surprised you have ADSL as it not designed for long distances. If you hear line noise just keep complaining, hopefully then as in once fixed you'll have a stable but slow speed.

Cheers,
Dave

Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos

So pretty much, the speeds I am on are the best I am going to get? And even if they did free space my speeds wouldnt change? Is this all correct? Because right now there is a main exchange(Redlands)and then other exchanges that supply for little areas but right not I am 5KM from the closest one. Will I ever get better speeds ever?