CrowdSupport®
Paco4
Level 2: Rookie

ADSL1 exchange needs upgrading

Answered

How do I get someone to look at and consider upgrading my suburbs exchange as it is still ADSL1. Im 15km from the CBD of Brisbane and can only get 2-3mbs speed. I cant get Foxtel unless I get a satellite plan. The streets around me are getting new houses built which will only slow the speed for everyone still more.

The exchange has no slots for other conpanies and all I can get is Telstra. I know that upgrading a server costs money but with over 30 new houses going in there will be more people paying for internet to offset the cost. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: ADSL1 exchange needs upgrading

Hey Paco,

Unfortunately this isn't something you or I can request. Exchange upgrades/expansions are handled by our Network engineers and are carefully planned out and completed across the nation. I absolutely understand the frustration, but there isn't a way to request this. You can view scheduled upgrades here, listed under DSLAM Backhaul Relief.

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Paco4,

Our tech team are not in over the weekends, I will flag this one so that they can help out and get back to you on Monday Smiley Happy 

Ivan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Paco4
Level 2: Rookie

Cheers

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hey Paco,

Unfortunately this isn't something you or I can request. Exchange upgrades/expansions are handled by our Network engineers and are carefully planned out and completed across the nation. I absolutely understand the frustration, but there isn't a way to request this. You can view scheduled upgrades here, listed under DSLAM Backhaul Relief.

Brodie

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now