Highlighted
ethiopian1987
Level 2: Rookie

ADSL2+ Speeds

Answered

I was wondering if this is ADSL2+ or not:

DSL Type:ITU-T G.992.1
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:384 / 8,160

I only want a Telstra tech to answer it just to see what they say. I do know the proper ADSL2+ dsl type and want to confirm my suspicions about this connection with a Telstra tech just incase I want to go to the TIO for this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: ADSL2+ Speeds

You're on a ADSL1 profile Smiley Wink

Why do you want only a tech to let you know on the line profile your on? I recon you'd be waiting forages as to be honest, that's there day job and I would hardly think they want to be here in the off hours Smiley Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_subscriber_line

What's your line attenuation? There's many reasons why this is the case. Could be a simple incorrect code entry at the exchange or at the other end an actual exchange/line issue and this profile would supply the most rock solid connection.

Hopefully you have a low attenuation, correct the issue and have ballistic speeds Smiley Wink

Cheers,
Dave

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

You're on a ADSL1 profile Smiley Wink

Why do you want only a tech to let you know on the line profile your on? I recon you'd be waiting forages as to be honest, that's there day job and I would hardly think they want to be here in the off hours Smiley Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_subscriber_line

What's your line attenuation? There's many reasons why this is the case. Could be a simple incorrect code entry at the exchange or at the other end an actual exchange/line issue and this profile would supply the most rock solid connection.

Hopefully you have a low attenuation, correct the issue and have ballistic speeds Smiley Wink

Cheers,
Dave

ethiopian1987
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks for the reply Dave. The reason I wanted a Telstra tech to tell me is just so I could see if they would lie to me or tell me the truth. I made sure to know what I was looking at and even rang Telstra a couple of times about it.

My bill states ADSL2+ but my connection is only ADSL1. Every time I had rang Telstra I was assured that it was ADSL2+ and just wanted it confirmed as to what ADSL connection type I was on so I can ask for some action to be taken against those who said I had ADSL2+, and maybe a credcit for being given false and misleading information.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now