CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
00Geoff00
Level 1: Cadet

Access to security system through firewall

Hi folks.

This is doing my head in...

I have recently been ported over from Bigpond Cable to NBN. With the install came a shiny new router (F@st5355TLS).

The problem I have now is with my home security system. I can only access the cameras on my phone when I'm not connected to WiFi, unless I use their internal IP address.

I have set up port forwarding in the router and it seems to be working as I can View the cameras from outside the home network (4G), but I cant seem to go from WiFi through the router to the WAN and back in to the cameras.

I am using a dynamic DNS server, and have it configured and working (this problem happens if I use the Telstra supplied IP reported by my router as well).

This is my config:

Enabled port forwarding on the camera's internal  IP address (192.168.x.x)

Set the router's firewall to Low (allow all LAN to WAN and allow all WAN to LAN)

I know a little about computer networking, but am by no means an IT expert (I i'm hoping one of you out there are). Smiley Wink

I've tried Telstra on the phone, but either I can't explain myself well enough, or it is outside of their scope to fix.

I read somewhere that they now have a DNS side firewall to block access to harmful websites (Pirate Bay, etc.), I wonder if that may have something to do with it...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Geoff.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Access to security system through firewall

I've encountered this issue already a few times with the Sagemcom and I believe it may be the modem does not have NAT Loopback on it. I've forwarded it onto the product team for investigation

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Re: Access to security system through firewall

I too have the same problem and I was told on anothe thread that this gateway does not support NAT loopback.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit