Highlighted
Sud2
Level 2: Rookie

Adsl Indooroopilly Brisbane Very poor service

Answered
Hi

I am writing this out of frustration after having requested a connection at Indooroopilly well in advance on 20 Dec 18 to be connected by 02 Jan 19. However it has not been connected or made operational as on today 06 Jan 19. There is total lack of coordination between different departments of telstra with the outsourced call centre in India, mismatch of real time data they can see with regard to the connection status as well as account management by one dedicated person till the connection is made operational. And for all this one has to pay a premium price which is even below the service offered by Optus who are notorious for their poor service but then they are much cheaper. To pay a premium price to Telstra and get this substandard service is too much. Can you please have the home broadband made operational so that I can use it. I have already run up heavy mobile internet bills since the home broadband is not operational well past the promised dates.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Adsl Indooroopilly Brisbane Very poor service

I have no authority to escalate any issues on Crowd Support as it is only a community forum of which I am a member of the community.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11

Id reconmend raising a complaint if the ADSL team hasnt been able to assist. You can raise a complaint here
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Sud2

All that is done Sir. I gave the request for connection on 20 Dec for a connection by 02 Jan 19. Today is 18 Jan 19 and still it isnt connected properly and I am unable to use the internet and burning up my mobile data with Optus. Complaint no is 169721253 (as well as 169685743 of 08 Jan 19). I spoke to someone in the call centre in India on 12 Jan and they were at the escalation level at Level 2 and they too werent able to solve it. So I requested them for a technician visit and they inform that I will have to call them back for that. I dont understand why the whole process has to be so bureaucratic and slow? Why cant they fix up the technician visit and let me know by SMS rather than not taking action waiting for a call. It is impossible to call during working hours due to work and after that when I try it takes a good 45 min to reach someone and then they take up another 2 hours of talk and the issue does not get resolved. Can you please escalate this so that this is closed off at least by 20 Jan 19 within one month of the request for connection being raised ? 

Accepted Solution

I have no authority to escalate any issues on Crowd Support as it is only a community forum of which I am a member of the community.

Sud2

Hi Guilty Spark

If that is the case and you have no power to escalate I would have at least expected that you would try to resolve somehow- otherwise I dont see much point of a support person here!!!
Sud2

Hi Guilty spark

The least I would have expected from telstra is a helpful attitude- if it is something you cant escalate surely there must be something you as a support person managing this crowd site can do to resolve it on priority since it has been more than a month that I dont have internet?

As per my signature below all of my posts, while I work for Telstra, I am not here as an official representative of Telstra on crowd support. Im here in a non official capacity offering advice to other customers where I can.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Sud2,

I can appreciate your frustration. While some of us are moderators on Crowd Support, 343GuiltySpark is a member of our community and is unable to escalate matters as such.

Do you have an SR reference number for your lodged complaint so we can get this followed up on? If not as yet, a complaint can be lodged online via this link 

https://tel.st/zmbu3

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Sud2

Fault no 169721253 & 169685743 of 08 Jan

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Sud2

The active case indicated there has been a speed issue reported but there is noted usage on the connection. What speeds have you been getting on the service since the line issue resolved on the 11th?

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Sud2

Hi Alistair,

While you are getting to know about this issue I had called up the call centre and today there was a person there who knew his job and he troubleshooted that it was an issue with the wifi button on the modem due to which the wifi wasnt working. He has ordered a susbtitute modem. The issue is the technical competence of the call centre since there was only one person amongst the 100 odd people I spoke to in the last 30 days trying to resolve this who could understand the issue and solve it till it is closed off otherwise the person keeps changing and there is no value to the other persons time and effort in calling them up.

Anyway for all these days I have been using up my mobile data on Optus for which I have incurred $10 per 1 GB totalling about $200 for this month and $100 for last month($100 has been agreed to be refunded as mentioned by the call centre last month and now I am bringing up the charges for this month till now). Could you please credit that amount to my account.

Then we are all squared up

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

The billing team will be able to discus about any credits. This is not something that can be done without authentication through this forum. Generally the faults team will be able to add data to a Telstra mobile service but would not be able to credit for data not through Telstra. They should be able to credit times the service has no connection. 

- AlistairQWA

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now