CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Are There Any Issues With Cable Internet ?

Hi Guys,

Iam  in ryde NSW 2112.

Tonight the internet seems to be going down all the time.

if there know issues in the area??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 18: Intelligence Chief

Re: Are There Any Issues With Cable Internet ?

I normally go here if im having problems http://servicestatus.telstra.com/ I punched in your postcode and it did say some cable problems
Highlighted

Below is my messgae to lisa from the customer service i was given

i Lisa,

Your customer care service is crap. I call up to report my issue and get conflicting information.

I seem to always have to escalate to a manger. I called and spoke to manager today. I live in Ryde

2112 NSW. I am having constant drop outs in my area. Your site shows issue but the date is 30/01/14

Im confused your agents seem to think there is no issues ???? can i explain this ?

Highlighted
Level 18: Intelligence Chief

i have had the same issue before it seems they may have been doing maintenance in the area so it wasnt a problem but work they were doing so when they look on there computer for a problem there is none  there not looking for anything else at the time thats why i look on that page first as most of the time the left hand dont know what the right is doing lol on a whole if you get the right person there great not so much if there over seas

Highlighted
Level 10: Junior Detective

Hi @tobywoby77

Welcome to Crowd Support, sorry about your experience with Telstra during your problem, Telstra is aware of the problem and have scheduled maintenance in your area for cable internet on the 30th of January from 1am to 5am

If this problem persists after the maintenance, please contact Telstra or visit your local Telstra store, Sorry for the inconvenience, all the best
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found a then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance please remember to click on the
Highlighted

Update on my issue with my cable service at blaxland road ryde

Just a heads up my issue was escalated to a level 2 complaint.

I was suppose to have a tech come yesterday never called me on house phone as requested.

Called once again to the call centre. When I was in ivr it stayed is this in relation to your cable fault i said yes.

I went through to an operator. We cant help you need to speak to level two tech i said this is not on i wanted you to fix itlIaskedformanager. Spoketomanagewhospoketobackofhouse.

They said they tried to call me but on my mobile. I told the person i needed to be called on my land line as there an issue with my mobile coverage where I am.

The rep then said the back of house team has been advised by tech its a network fault.

I said that i could have said this. While on the phone i get a call from the level two back of house to be told its not a netowkr fault we need to send another tech out. wasting my time

I said this is not on i took a whole day off from work to be told another tech has to come out. In the mean time i have used my personal hostpot on my mobile which is going up by the day.

Therep on the phone from  back off house said  that the info given by manager is wrong.

I wonder why i bother with telstra.  I hope telstra reinburse me for my data on my mobile.

It seems going back to the TIO is going to be the last resort.

Anyhow this is my update for today.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi tobywoby77,

Thanks for the update

What's your complaint reference number?

Has the case manager been keeping touch with you to update? Happy to follow up with them if not

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

No i have dealt with TIO before i am dealing with Michael Togghill. Well i left him a message

to call me. If he doesnt i will go back to the Tio. DO u see notes from my call on saturday and inconsistancy?

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Please let us know if he's not back in contact with you within the agreed timeframe.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit