CrowdSupport®
oskie33
Level 1: Cadet

Authentication error

i have been getting the run around for 7days now and have had enough of people telling me it's a line fault when technicians have been out twice and verified no fault.  There is a problem on bigponds end. the technician even has issues when he rings to say no line fault.  We have both been put on hold for half an hr blocks only to be put onto someone new and have to explain everything again.  I have internet for about an hr then it drops out and i can't log back in due to 'authentication error'  Modem has been set and re configured.  I have used 3 different modems.  I have never had problems like this before and i'm sorry but dealing with you guys on the phone is giving me grey hairs!  I have spoken to 5 different people today alone! I have one contact that is suppose to be a lv3 tech support who tells me line fault.  It's not a line fault! He refuses to give me a number to contact him on but calls me instead.  Internet is not  just for personal use, this is required for work as well.  I need this fixed HELP!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
rorybl

Re: Authentication error

same here. no idea what the bloody problem is. for me it has been two and a half weeks without internet. almost three now that we called telstra and said they'd get back to us.. within 3-4... ******* BUSINESS DAYS. THAT"S GOD DAMN THURSDAY. WORST IS TELSTRA HAVE A HORRIBLE REP FOR CALLING BACK SO THEY WILL PROBS NOT EVEN CALL. ARG THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR TOO LONG AND SHOULD BE EASY TO FIX.Smiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Mad

Support Team
Support Team

Sorry to hear that oskie33,

Did you say that there are also problems making and receiving phone calls on that line? If so that could be what is causing the problem for your broadband service. I would recommend having a chat to our Landline Faults team on 132203 about that.

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
fahlee

I have been having the same problems as well. We have this weird noise on the landline when we answer a call. A weird beeping noise. I was also passed around by a whole bunch of people doing line tests and all. After 45 mins, they concluded that it was a line fault. Again. This has happened twice already too.....
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi Fahlee

This does need to be investigated by our Residential Faults team, and I can see that you have already had a discussion with them, but they are the team who can deal with this for you. 

If you prefer, you can also log your fault http://tel.st/dv2z so it can be thoroughly investigated and resolved

-    Lindy Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now