CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
joshcuboz
Level 2: Rookie

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM TELSTRA

I am currently unable to connect my laptop to my WiFi for some odd reason all my other devices are connected.i called the ADSL help line and after 2 hours of being on hold I was actually put thru to the NBN help line who then informed me that I should write the number of the ADSL help line down and call that in future.it was the exact same number I had called.i was then told that I would have to be transferred to the ADSL help line and that I would have to wait another hour .Then I was told to call back tomorrow.The service from this company is beyond disgusting.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Level 23: Superhero

Re: BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM TELSTRA

Have you tried deleting the previous connection.... rebooting your computer and trying again??
It sounds more like a computer issue than WiFi. Are you running Windows 10? Are your Windows and actual computer updates fully current?
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
joshcuboz

Hi there yes I have tried all if that I also phoned HP and they suggested calling Telstra . Thanks though .
Level 21: Augmented

Yeh my local store is getting pretty bad too.

all the staff that new things seemed to be on holidays or have left Smiley Sad

as for your wifi problem a few details here might help us.

things like 

1) modem type, brand and model number

2) how many devices you normally have connected

3) types of devices you have connected ie apple ipads, computers, iphones, windows computers, linux computers, android phones, you get the picture.

Telstra customer 15+ yrs, I am not a Telstra employee and never have been

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so.
Service Status in your area
Someone asked to check your ping but dont know how
Check all your connected programs
Level 24: Supreme Being

What error message are you getting when you try to connect. Was your laptop able to connect to modem before?
joshcuboz

I'm not finding my WiFi network in the network list .it was working up until yesterday.

It could be that the 2.4GHz WiFi Band in the modem is no longer working. Can you see the 2.4GHz WiFi SSID on your other devices.
joshcuboz

Yeah I can so it's not that .it's just so strange .

You could try changing the WiFi channel in the Modem. The IP address of modem is http://192.168.0.1 or http://10.0.0.138 Go to WiFi and look for WiFi channel. On the 2.4 GHz band chose a channel below 11, some devices don't work on the channels 11 - 13. On the 5GHz band chose a non DFS channel (Use channels 36 - 48 or 149 - 165)
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Does you computer see any other wifi networks? If not, is there a little physical switch on the side of your laptop? Some models have a physical switch that you can turn the wifi on and off.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now