CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Ma1958
Level 3: Gumshoe

BRIDGED MODE?

Answered

I was supposed to be transitioned to the NBN from my ADSL yesterday, however it has not worked, Telstra technical support have done their trouble shooting, and could not fix the problem, so they’re having it escalated to try and fix it

I have a new Telstra Smart Modem DJA0230 as part of the trouble shooting I have done a factory reset, and currently I’m just exploring mygateway to try and see if any settings there could be the problem, it has all my big pond log in details and correct passwords entered

Currently I am running on the back up mode through the 4G network and I am connected to the internet at an average of about 6/4 download upload, I have no land line though

The power light and the wi fi lights are both green, however they are there are only two lights showing on the top of the modem, the signal light is a yellow/orange colour indicating a weak mobile network signal, and the online light is that magenta colour that indicates that I am connected to the backup pathway, the link and phone lights are not operating at all

I have noticed that in my local network section in mygateway that my network mode is showing “Bridged Mode” this is showing and I am connected to the backup pathway and using the internet, does anyone have any ideas why my setup has defaulted to “Bridged Mode” and how does “Bridged Mode” affect the modems operation?

Thank you☺

mygateway locol area network set up b.jpg

Ma58
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: BRIDGED MODE?

That button is actually to change it to bridge mode, not an indicator that bridge mode is active Smiley Happy

Bridged mode pretty much turn the modem into a dumb relay of the internet connection (purely a modem only with no router functions). You would generally do that if you have secondary router that you want to use to handle you homes WiFi and Ethernet connections.

Bridging will disable the [phone and 4G backup services on the Frontier and Smart Modem
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

That button is actually to change it to bridge mode, not an indicator that bridge mode is active Smiley Happy

Bridged mode pretty much turn the modem into a dumb relay of the internet connection (purely a modem only with no router functions). You would generally do that if you have secondary router that you want to use to handle you homes WiFi and Ethernet connections.

Bridging will disable the [phone and 4G backup services on the Frontier and Smart Modem
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

View solution in original post

Ma1958
Level 3: Gumshoe

cheers, thanks for that
Ma58

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now