JDC0
Level 1: Cadet

Below is an email I received yesterday.

I called this morning to be told I was eligible for an upgrage but would need to call back when the outage was taking place.Surely calling back then is not going to keep me connected!!!!! (call time 26min)

We are performing network maintenance in your area. During the maintenance window, your Telstra service may experience interruptions. Details Date: 28 May 2019 Time: 11:00pm – 6:00am How to stay connected If you have a Telstra Smart Modem, your service will switch to our mobile network back-up to keep you connected to the internet. Once the work is completed your Smart Modem will switch back to your fixed service. If you don’t have a Smart Modem, simply call 133 933 and we’ll check if your service is eligible for a free Smart Modem or mobile data pack to keep you connected. Want to know more? For more information please visit https://outages.telstra.com. We apologise for any inconvenience. Best regards, Michael Ackland Sales & Service Executive Privacy | Our Customer Terms Please Note: If you don’t wish to receive further emails of this type, please reply with STOP in the subject line. The contents of this email are strictly confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this email (including any attachments) is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete the message from your system. We’re aiming to improve how we interact with you online. If you have any suggestions, we’d love to hear them – just let us know on our CrowdSupport® forum (login required). Privacy: protecting your privacy is important to us. View our Privacy Statement online. Twitter is a trade mark of Twitter, Inc., and is used under licence. Telstra 24x7® and CrowdSupport® are registered trade marks of Telstra Corporation Limited, ABN 33 051 775 556. Nbn™, nbn co and other nbn™ logos and brands are trade marks of nbn co limited and used under licence. (CRQ000004333523)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
JDC0
Level 1: Cadet

Below is an email I received yesterday. 26 min later.....

Below is an email I received yesterday. After my call today, which lasted 26min I was told I am eligible for an upgrade but must wait for the outage to occur and then call back. Is this really what the email is saying????

We are performing network maintenance in your area. During the maintenance window, your Telstra service may experience interruptions. Details Date: 28 May 2019 Time: 11:00pm – 6:00am How to stay connected If you have a Telstra Smart Modem, your service will switch to our mobile network back-up to keep you connected to the internet. Once the work is completed your Smart Modem will switch back to your fixed service. If you don’t have a Smart Modem, simply call 133 933 and we’ll check if your service is eligible for a free Smart Modem or mobile data pack to keep you connected. Want to know more? For more information please visit https://outages.telstra.com. We apologise for any inconvenience. Best regards, Michael Ackland Sales & Service Executive Privacy | Our Customer Terms Please Note: If you don’t wish to receive further emails of this type, please reply with STOP in the subject line. The contents of this email are strictly confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this email (including any attachments) is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete the message from your system. We’re aiming to improve how we interact with you online. If you have any suggestions, we’d love to hear them – just let us know on our CrowdSupport® forum (login required). Privacy: protecting your privacy is important to us. View our Privacy Statement online. Twitter is a trade mark of Twitter, Inc., and is used under licence. Telstra 24x7® and CrowdSupport® are registered trade marks of Telstra Corporation Limited, ABN 33 051 775 556. Nbn™, nbn co and other nbn™ logos and brands are trade marks of nbn co limited and used under licence. (CRQ000004333523)

Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Below is an email I received yesterday.

Yes, that is a standard email notifying of network maintenance in an area.
Do you have a question about it?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Re: Below is an email I received yesterday.

Just saw your other post (I'll merge them in a sec). The outages shouldn't last more than 5 minutes when maintenance is performed.

If they've said that you are eligible for a Smart Modem, then I don't know why you'd have to wait until after the maintenance.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now