CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Bigpond Cable Multiple VM's in VMware Workstation

I'm new to cable broadband. I have setup my laptop using the CD provided. The cable modem activated to the network and internet is working fine on the laptop via wifi.

On that laptop I run VMware Workstation with a number of VM's. The VM is connected via ethernet using NAT to the host (laptop). It shows in the system tray internet access. When I try and go to a web page it takes me to the bigpond cable register landing page. That page states "You already have an account registered to this modem, do you want to unregister" I click no and it reverts back to the same page.

How do I give the VM internet access? Do I need to add all the VM's MAC to an access list? I'm suprised that it is so difficult to setup more than one computer to a cable modem. I never had such issues with my ADSL modem.

I've not tried a 2nd laptop yet hopefully it doesn't do the same thing!

Thanks for looking

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Bigpond Cable Multiple VM's in VMware Workstation

Hi sanmanoz,

Once the cable modem has been registered, you shouldn't get the registration portal again. I would suggest clearing the cache and browser history on your various OS and see if that resolves the issue.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit