CrowdSupport®
Creed
Level 2: Rookie

Bigpond Cable account issues

Answered

I have had cable now for over a week now and I still have issues with accessing emails and accounts page. Sometimes the accounts page works sometimes it says the order isn't complete.

When I log into webmail it gives me an error 'messages cannot be retrived'. I tried to send an email to my bigpond account via gmail and get a bounce back.

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

xxxxx@bigpond.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain bigpond.com by extmail.bigpond.com. [61.9.189.122].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.1.1 <xxxxx@bigpond.com> recipient rejected. IB603a

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Creed
Accepted Solution

Re: Bigpond Cable account issues

Spoke to 24/7 chat, disconnected when the first person was about to activate my email account and this is what the 2nd person said:
--
I have checked on the email status and the system says Your mailbox is currently being updated. I have also seen on your account that your order for BigPond email address is still on pending status which means that the system is still updating your order for your email. The order number for that is xxxxx and it was just submitted today, 19/03/2014

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Creed,

I think I might know what is happening, but to confirm I have a few questions.

- Prior to this new Cable account, did you have a different BigPond email address? If yes, can you make sure you are logging in with the new mailbox created for your BigPond Cable service?

- If sometimes the account page works and sometimes doesn't, can you try clearing the cache and restarting your browser?

- When logging into webmail can you try using this link instead? http://webmail.bigpond.com/webedge/do/oldlogin

A new BigPond mailbox would actually be created on the new server hosted by Microsoft on Outlook.com. Make sure that you log into https://outlook.com to set your secret questions etc.

If you are using an email program, to manage your BigPond mailboxes, you can find the current settings for both platforms here: https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/email-settings-summary

If you want to confirm the status of the mailboxes, you can log in with each account here: http://bigpond.com/email-status

Let me know how you go.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Creed

Hi Shelley,

To answer your questions:

1. I had a Bigpond connection but that was cancelled between 5-10 years ago. I am logging in with my current creditinals. I can't remember the username I had 5-10 years ago. I've successfully managed to change my password from the accounts page when it works.

2. No luck it's currently sitting on the order tracking page.

3. I can't login it says my username and password don't match. Below is the current error message I get when logging into webmail:

webmail.png

If you want to confirm the status of the mailboxes, you can log in with each account here: http://bigpond.com/email-status - I get Your mailbox is currently being updated

When I try to login to Outlook.com using my full email address for username I get the following error: That Microsoft account doesn't exist.

Creed
Accepted Solution

Spoke to 24/7 chat, disconnected when the first person was about to activate my email account and this is what the 2nd person said:
--
I have checked on the email status and the system says Your mailbox is currently being updated. I have also seen on your account that your order for BigPond email address is still on pending status which means that the system is still updating your order for your email. The order number for that is xxxxx and it was just submitted today, 19/03/2014

View solution in original post

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Creed,

I will definitely need to take a closer look at this for you.

I will send you a private message with a link where you can provide your account details securely.  

Depending on the workload it may take 3-5 days for the initial response as we respond in the order that the forms are submitted. 

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Creed

Hi Shelley,

All good they have setup my account. Thanks Smiley Happy

NandE
Level 1: Cadet

I have the same issue. How do I get mine fixed?!

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

xxxxxxxx@bigpond.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain bigpond.com by extmail.bigpond.com. [61.9.168.122].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.1.1 <xxxxxxxxxx@bigpond.com> recipient rejected. IB603a

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

NandE,

Can you log in here and confirm the status of your BigPond account? 

http://bigpond.com/email-status

- Shelly

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now