CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
stentonus
Level 1: Cadet

Bigpond Usage Meter - not working

Answered

Anybody else having problems with the bigpond internet usage meter?  Been reporting for 24 hours "There was an error retrieving your details - please try again later".

Bit of a pain as I'm trying to idenitify how much more data is being consumed by the family since we got Netflix.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Bigpond Usage Meter - not working

Cable customers who are affected by the current issue with the usage meter, will not need to worry about being slowed while it continues. This issue is expected to be resolved by the end of May.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
56 REPLIES 56
Level 23: Superhero

Hello, I have the same problem  using Online and also Firefox Netusage

It must be a network wide issue ??

Kind regards

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Level 23: Superhero

Yes for the past couple of days all I get when I log into My Account is "Data Used Is Not Available".

On the 24x7 app it says the service has been suspended (which it hasn't).

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

My ADSL is working ok,
My NBN is showing "There was an error retrieving your details. Please try again later."
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Venus62
Level 2: Rookie

This problem is still happening to me despite it being escalated and supposedly fixed. I can see my mobile data but not my home broadband on both my account and the 24/7 app. To add insult to injury, my usage has supposedly gone through the roof (I've now allegedly used half my monthly usage in under 2 weeks despite the house being empty for one of those weeks and despite not ususually going anywhere near our quota. This happened last month as well. Does anyonw monitor these boards? (I am currently in queue for the 24/7 chat...)

Brownbear

It's been happening quite frequently lately. Also the 24x7 app seems to lose my login credentials when this happens. Very disappointed that this once stable app is becoming compromised. What is happening at Telstra?

HolyHandGrenade

Same with me. Hasn't been working since Sunday

Goten

I have the same problem. Can't get in touch with anybody to help. Guess my friends warnings about joining Telstra have been confirmed. 

Level 21: Augmented

This is a known issue - http://servicestatus.telstra.com/

Enjoy the unlimited data!

couldbeaKGBplot

It's not listed in service status for my postcode.

What's happened in the past when the usage meter was down? Are they really likely to give
us free data or will the mysteriously resurrect our usage data.    

PaulPerryman
Level 3: Gumshoe

Nope he meter is still counting, you just wont know til you get notified you are at 80% etc.

Than89

I dont think it counts.

My Cable Usage stopped updating on APRIL 13th at 97GB. I got my bill a few days ago and it said my usage for APRIL was 97GB. It still hasnt started updating even in this new billing period (Says 0 GB used after 3 days) and it is no longer listed on the service status as being down. So i have no idea whats happening - but it appears to be free data from my experience.

Desiree1

My cable internet data usage has been registering '0' for a month now. How on earth am I supposed to calculate how much is being used since I've commenced Netflix streaming? I've given up reporting the problem but have been told I will not be slowed until the usage meter is restored.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Desiree1

During the time the usage meter is unavailable you could look to use third party usage meter applications to assist you in checking how much usage you're using - these are fairly widely available and would do the trick in the meantime. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

PaulPerryman

Shouldn't have to use 3rd party meters when Telstra will only go with what they report anyway.

Mine hasn't worked in a month.

PaulPerryman

It wont be unlimited, you are still being monitored, you personally just do not know how much they decide you've used.

Not being monitored, latest bill showing NO Data usage.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Cable customers who are affected by the current issue with the usage meter, will not need to worry about being slowed while it continues. This issue is expected to be resolved by the end of May.

- Shelly

View solution in original post

PaulPerryman

so go nuts on downloading then Smiley Happy

superstar

I'm still not able to check my data usage, does that mean i am on a UNLIMITED plan now?

lol

MrMarks

@Shellock wrote:

- Shelly

Any update on this Issue? What exactly is the Issue?

It's nearing the end of June, still no usage meter...........???

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Mr Marks, 

I'd recommend having a chat with our Technical Support Team either by calling 133933 or via Live Chat  http://tel.st/gq6m (available 24x7) so they can troubleshoot your concerns further for you, as all should be okay again now. 

Kind Regards 

confused_2016

Re: Bigpond Usage Meter - not working July 2016

How can this not be working for so long?

if Telstra slows your data when you go over your limit but you have no way of monitoring

your use how can that be fair or a good business model to retain customers? Lift your game Telstra!

As a shareholder I think it's a very poor outcome for customers and for the business

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Bigpond Usage Meter - not working July 2016

Hi confused_2016

We aren't slowing Cable services affected by this issue, their usage isn't being metered - so there's no negative impact to people impacted. Essentially there aren't limits on their service during this time. 

David71

My usage meter has not been working for some time now, and even if what you say is true, i seem to be having capped speeds even thought my usage meter is down..
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If you believe you've been shaped, just have a chat with our Live Chat team here:  http://tel.st/49kl and they'll be able to confirm if there is a restriction on your service (if your speed is over 256 kbps, it's not shaped) or if it's congestion or another issue impacting on the speed of your service. 

If it has been shaped, they'll be able to remove this restriction for you immediately. 

Jay_Cee

May, which year? It is now July 8, 2016 & I still don't have an idea of how much cable broadband I have used for 3 bills ago & now the present on-line meter (not working).  When will it be fixed ??

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

At this stage we don't have an estimated restoration time sorry. 

Steph

saiakhasieth

Hi Team

Its now past the end of May but this issue still seems to be occuring. 

Is there an update on this fixing?

Shaywood1

Mine hasn't worked since March, and is still not working (15th July) today.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

This has been a complex issue that we are continuing to investigate. We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible, however there is no estimated time frame that we can advise for a resolution. 

I apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused. 

- Shelly

Cobradave

How long does it take these fools to fix a programming error?

Cobradave

Save yourself the apologies, we pay for a service so fix the problem.

Shelley72

Mine hasn't worked since 6th June!!! Reported many times and not resolved. When I follow up the Telstra operator always tells me they have no record of any report.

Next step will have to be the ombudsmen unfortunately

Tiba

I dont see why ppl are getting upset by this, untill its fixed we have unlimmited downloads

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi All, 

As Tiba has mentioned, whilst we are unable to get your usage meter working, we aren't metering your usage
This ensures that you aren't shaped (slowed) for exceeding an allowance, through an issue that's no fault of your own. 

For those concerned it's not reported - it's listed on our Service Status page, after you enter the postcode. It's just at the top of the page, instead of in the table. 
You're able to find our Service Status page here:  http://tel.st/6x6a

Shelley72

Lucky you, I just get slowed!!
Shelley72

Lies......I was slowed
Shelley72

Mine was slowed!

confused_2016

I got an email from customer service saying they'd fixed it and then I got another saying they had not and that it could take up to two months to fix. It shows that the cost of the data must not mean anything to Telstra or they'd fix it immediately. However the good news is that they say they won't "shape" ( in normal English that means slow) the data and they won't be able to cap usage. I'll take them at and keep them to their word on that one!
LongSuffering

I had a most amusing chat on this in April. I was passed to four consultants - one of whom decided the best approach would be to delete my account. It's bizarre that Telstra don't seem to show any embarrassment over this. The service page doesn't show the fault at the top or in the table - as far as Telstra are concerned everythings A-OK!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

This issue is still ongoing. I apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused you, our engineers are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

- Shelly

LostInSpace1000

I am affected too. I live in the country and rely on mobile broadband for my work. I am on the maximum available limit, which costs me a fortune, and i can't even monitor my usage. I'd better not be shaped!

@LostInSpace1000

Apparently this issue is related to Cable accounts. If your not using Cable then I suggest you contact Telstra Tech support.

peterlyn50

Like many of you my cable broadband usage meter has not worked since April 2016.

Funny, in that time I have recieved two calls from Telstra consultants to check that I am happy with the services Telstra provides.

Both times the consultants could tell me what my usage was - so they know; I don't.

Well at least my broadband works!!

BrianEz

Still no network monitoring here. Does this mean if we reach our download limit we will not be speed redused.

It's been over the month now.

BrianEz

Are you saying May 2017. here it is August 2016 and my monitor still not working.
confused_2016

Have no fear - Telstra are working on this (slowly) but true to their word when I

received my last two bills there were no extra charges or "shaping" (love the jargon)  (slowing of my service)

so I'm happy for now. I have had two phone calls following up from technicians and they have been sympathetic and have been

trying.

Support Team
Support Team

We're aware that some of our cable customers cannot currently view their usage meter. We're working to fix this as soon as possible and apologise for the inconvenience. To clarify you will not be penalised for exceeding your cable broadband usage (e.g. shaping/excess charges).

-Chris

halvey

Does this affect ADSL2+ services as well - I'm currently seeing zero usage for every day for the last month and it's ignoring the Bonues Data Pack and says I've exceeded my usage even tho I've still got about 230 GB left of the bonues pack.

Thanks halvey.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now